Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

The Saddest Episodes of Star Trek

Out of all five series, what episodes do you consider to be the saddest? I think my number one vote for the saddest episode of Star Trek once again goes to the Star Trek Enterprise episode "Similitude". The emotion of the entire crew can be felt in this episode.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
From Phlox losing Sim who was like a son to him, to Sim himself having to make the decision to self sacrifice

No other episode of Trek has ever touched me the way this did, that's why I always talk about it. So it gets my vote for the saddest episode of Star Trek. It would also get my vote as the best episode of Trek, but it has a lot of competition to fight for that title :(

I have to say Lower Decks of TNG was the saddest for me. Followed by The Offspring (TNG).

Out of all five series, what episodes do you consider to be the saddest? I think my number one vote for the saddest episode of Star Trek once again goes to the Star Trek Enterprise episode "Similitude". The emotion of the entire crew can be felt in this episode.

No other episode of Trek has ever touched me the way this did, that's why I always talk about it. So it gets my vote for the saddest episode of Star Trek. It would also get my vote as the best episode of Trek, but it has a lot of competition to fight for that title :(

If you want to you can put together a poll and include all of the "sad" episodes and I'll put it on the Portal.

My initial thought is "The Visitor" though it doesn't really have a "sad" ending, also I think "Tears of the Prophets" ranks up there because of the loss of Jadzia.

THe Offspring by far is the saddest to me, and I think it will always be.

Skin of Evil final scenes are close behind, Scenes from The Dark Page is pretty sad to me too.

Data's "death" in Thine Own Self got me crying a bit too when I first saw it... as well as his apparent end in "Times Arrow Part I" that was a cliffhanger that had me worrying a bit until the new season began.

"Skin of Evil", "The Offspring". It was such a shame to loose a character so early in the series!

From Phlox losing Sim who was like a son to him, to Sim himself having to make the decision to self sacrifice

If you want to you can put together a poll and include all of the "sad" episodes and I'll put it on the Portal.

I will. I am right now putting together a poll of this at the Trek Poll section. If someone wants to merge the two topics