Sign in to follow this  
Sam The Smuggler

Star Wars: Battlefront II

Alright...Here We Go. Star Wars: Battlefront II, The Sequel To The Best Selling Star Wars Game Ever!

First Off, This Game Is Soooooo Much Better Than The Original, Plus More Of The Same, All At The Same Time.

The Graphics Are So Much Better On This Game, They Make The First Game Look Older Than It Really Is..Even On The Low Settings. When's The Last Time That Happened? A Few Familier Things With A Change Here And There Would Be Returning Levels. Theed, Endor, Hoth, Mos Eisley, The Yavin IV Temple, Kamino & Geonosis.

The Kashyyyk Docks Also Return, But Have Been Completely Redone, To Match The Look From ROTS. Now The Time Is Commander, Indeed.

Of All The Updates To The Game, One Of The Best Is The Ability To Play As Hero And Villian Units, Such As Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Prinncess Leia, Chewbacca, Obi-Wan Kenobi(ROTS), Anakin Skywalker(ROTS), Boba Fett, Darth Vader & More. Though Playing A Yoda Sounds Cool...And Is Really, But It Becomes More An Annoyance When Playing On A Level With An Abundance Of Bushes. You Can't See Anything. It's Like Fighting Blind. "Your Eyes Can Decieve You, Don't Trust Them." Oh Shut Up Obi-Wan.

Space Battles Are Fun, Though They Didn't Include The Battle Over Endor...But That's Alright..I Forgive You...This Time...

The Game Modes Include A Single Player Game That Follows The Exploits Of The Republic's/Empire's 501st Legion. Very Nice Touch. Galactic Conquest, Where You Travel The Galaxy, Taking Over And Defending Planets Until You Own Everything. Instant Action, Where You Can Play Any Level You Want In Variaty Of Ways..Sush As..

Conquest: Just Like On BF, You Take Enemy Command Posts And Defend Your Own, While Killing Enemy Troops All In An Effort To Win The Battle.

Hunt: This Allows You To Either Hunt Down Or Play As A Planets Indiginous Wildlife...Like Ewoks And Wampas..

Assualt: No Command Post Tatctics, Just Kill Every Last Enemy Soldier.

Capture The Flag: If I Have To Explain This, Stop Playing FPS Games. :laugh:

No Matter Which Ary You Choose To Play As, They All Have The Same Basic Unit Types.

The Average, Everyday, Basic Infanty...Also Known As Cannon Fodder, Or If This Were A Star TrekGame...Red Shirts.

Heavy Weapons Dude. Carries Around a Bazooka And Blows The $#!+ Out Of Everything. "This Is Where The Fun Begins." Yees...Maybe Too Much Fun, Ani.

The Sniper, My Personal Favoite. Equiped With Their Sniper Rifle, They Hide In The Shadows, Under Bridges, On Top Of Bunkers, Behind Trees, In Ditches, Or Out In The Open, 50ft Away From The Battle...Pretty Much Anywhere That Keeps Them Out Of Harm's Way So They Can Rack Up On The Enemy Kills...And Even Friendly Kills Some Times, Because Your CPU Controled Allies Are Idiots. Sad i Know...And I Had Such High Hopes For Them.

The Engineer Or Smuggler For The Rebles. These Guys Run Around The Battlefield Distributing Medical Supplies And Ammo. They Can Also Repair Damaged Turrents As Well As Blow The $#!+ Out Of Enemy Turrents.

Then Ya Have..I Guess I Could Call Them Elite Units. Each Army's Unit Carries Different Weapons, For Different Types of Killing. My Favoite Is The Republic's Clone Commander. He Has A Shoulder Mounted Laser Chain Gun. Great For Cutting Down Enemis..Allies...And Anything Else In Your Path Pretty Much.

"I Killed Them All.." We Knowww...You're Gonna Be Darth Vader, So Get Over It Already.

And Then We Have The More Elite Unit. Again, Different Weapons For Different Methods Of Killing Enemies. Some Are More Effective Than Others, Though They're Not As Strong As I Thought They'd Be. "Perhaps You're Not As Strong As The Emperor Thought." You Tell 'Em Ani...I Mean Vader..Vader...Lord VADER!---*Chokes*....

Then Ofcourse, The Pilot....What Can I Say..They Fly The Ships....But Can Also Repair Them When Piloting Them.....And They Have A Gun...That's It...And They're For Space Battles Only.

And Last But Not Least, The Marine. They're Pretty Much The Same As Your Basic Infanty Unit, But Also Carry A Bazzoka Along With A Blaster Rifle. Great For Invading Enemy Ships....Yes...

Now For The Vehicles.

Ya Got Your Basic Scout Vehichle, Used For..Well..Scouting. They're Pretty Fasr And Light...Which Means They Go Down Easily As Well.

Medium Assualt Vehicles...Used To Blow The $#!+ Out Of Stuff.

Heavy Assualt Vehicles....Used To Blow The $#!+ Out Of Stuff As Well, But Last Longer In Battle.

Heavy Assult Stransport...Used To Blow The $#!+ Out Of Stuff And..Carry Troops.

Starfights....Yay

The Multi-Purpose Starfighter. Great For Ship-To-Ship Combat And Decently Effective Against Capital Ships.

Scout Fighters....Just Don't Go Near Them And You'll Be Fine.

Bombers. Not Much Good In Ship-To-Ship Combat, But Great At Blowing The $#!+ Out Of Capital Ships.

Attack Transport Flyers. Basicly You Just Fly This Into Your Enemies Hanger To Establish A Command Post So You Can Keep Respanwing In The Enemy Ship And Presto..You Have A Foot Hold...As Long As It's Not Destroyed.

From What I Can Tell..And This Is Just My Opinion, But BFII Seems Like It's Everything LucasArts Wanted BF To Be In The First Place, But Couldn't Do It Just Yet. Though BF Is A Great Game In It's Own Right.

It's Not A Perfect SW Game, But It's Damn Near Close And That Makes Sammy Very Happy. So If You're SW Fan That Also Likes FPS Games Or You Just Like FPS Games...Give This Game A Try...You'll Thank Me Later.

The Graphics & Sound Are Solid And The Conrtols Aren't Too Bad Either. It's Also Alot Fun. "Adventure, Heh. Excitement, Heh. Every Jedi Crave Not These Things." And That's Why You're All Dead, No Body Liked You.

Though The Reply Value May Vary...Depending How Often You Play The Game...

But All In All, I Could Find Little To Complain About In This Game, So I Give Star Wars: Battlefront II 5 Cracked Out Yodas...Out Of 5.

CrackedOutYoda.jpgCrackedOutYoda.jpgCrackedOutYoda.jpgCrackedOutYoda.jpgCrackedOutYoda.jpg