Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

What Was The Worst Part of TATV?

Enterprise Finale  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which Part Did You Not Like Most About The Last Episode? (Pick One)

• That Trip Died
    • That They Added TNG Into The Finale
    • Both Reasons
    • other

I was just wondering why some fans don't like TATV and I thought that these are probably the flaws with the last episode ENT fans didn't care for

After watching the entire series, I wasn't surprised that TNG made it's way into the finale. TNG references are found all through-out the series. Like I've said in previous posts, I hated Riker and Troi being in the episode AT FIRST, but as the episode goes on it doesn't bother me as much. The part about having Riker in it that bugged me was how he always kept freezing the program. If the holodeck wasn't made so obvious, it wouldn't have been half as bad. I liked how Riker posed as the Chef, who we never see, and actually had conversations with the crew. It added to the grief of Trip dying when it showed Trip talking to Chef (Riker) in a flashback after Trip died. I thought it was a sad scene to watch Trip die and then it shows him happy talking to chef about him getting ready to pack his bags and not knowing he would die in a few hours at most. I also thought that Riker watching the room explode, knowing Trip was dying, and Riker watching Archer waking up and searching for Trip in all of that rubble with a sad face. It, in a way, added to the scene. Which brings me to the next option, the death of Trip

I would have liked it better if Trip hadn't died, he was a loveable character that would have made great captain of his own ship one day. But if he had to die, it maybe should have been done in another way. But on the other hand, he died to save his best friend. Saving your best friend, is there a better way to die than doing it for a friend? I really don't think so.

So when I really give it thought, I'd say that if I didn't like any part of the final episode, it would be the adding of Troi and Riker. I gave it a lot of thought and I'm comfortable with that conclusion. What are your thoughts?

I agree. Enterprise should have been allowed to end its run on its own without the distraction of the TNG characters. Also, the death of Tripp was really unnecessary and added nothing to the story.

I voted other, and would have liked to see more of the final scenes, more camera time focused on the different delegates present, more on that scene with the beginnnings of the federation.

I also did not like either of the two mentioned problems, although there is still potential for episodes with Trip if they occure within the 6 year period before his death.

I believe for the most part people don't like seeing their main charaters die off. It started with Spock's death, but it had lots of emotional weight to it when you compared to Data's and Trips' deathes. It didn't make much sense to kill them off it was the end of their movies and TV series.

I really didn't like it at all. As the ending, there was a lot more potential then what was used. It really rather sucked an ending.

They SOULD HAVE done this:

Have the last 3 shows about the federation; the first the signing that was in TATV (and SHOW the signing, don't end it just before it! That was so lame that we never got to see it!), then the founding of the federation, then Archer being appointed as president of the federation.

THAT would be an ending.

Both. I didn't like that Trip died while T'pol still walked with the living, and the Holodeck ending.

then Archer being appointed as president of the federation.

Well, he couldn't be appointed and he wouldn't be the first president. According to onscreen materials (the canonicity of which are somewhat suspect) Thomas Vanderbilt was the first president (in Picard's family album) and Archer wasn't elected to the presidency until 2184 (which can be read onscreen in his bio in In a Mirror Darkly).

I always took President Archer as cannon. He was a man of great importance at his time so I could see that he would become the President of the Federation seeing that he is one of the founders

I always took President Archer as cannon. He was a man of great importance at his time so I could see that he would become the President of the Federation seeing that he is one of the founders

Yeah, I agree. Someone like Archer could easily run for President and win. After Ent he became Starfleet Chief of Staff, Ambassador to Andoria, and later a Federation councillor. I don't think it would too hard for him to win a presidential election. I think it would be comparable to someone like Eisenhower becoming President after commanding U.S. forces in WWII.

I think they killed Trip to leave out the likely hood that in the non-show time him and T'Pol have a kid there by making that Spock would be the 2nd vulcan/human... Just a thought.

Definitely the fact that they focus on the TNG characters more than the ENt characters.

The idea might have been interesting for a regular episode, but the finale, no way. OI VE!

The fact that Riker and Troi leave the holodeck right before archer's famous speeck really ticked me off.

I watched TATV again recently and the part I don't like most about Trip dying is how he seemed to lose his cool in the end. I didn't care for him acting scared, it just seemed a little out of character

I don't recall Tripp being scared. I'll have to watch the episode again. I remember him giving Archer a smile and a wink of the eye.

TNG and ENT referenced each other a lot, so it was no surprise that TNG would be in the last ENT episode. I wish I wrote down everytime they talked about TNG on ENT and vice verse. On TNG, they talked of a Xindi Starbase and Archer IV among other things, which Archer IV is cannon named after the character from ENT. And on ENT, they had many TNG references like on one episode I believe it was Mayweather and Reed eating and they said

Mayweather: In the future, I wonder if our families will be allowed to come aboard the ship?

Reed: Families on a ship?! they would need a Psychiatrist (Troi)

not to mention other references I can't remember, but I know they were there. Haven't seen the series in months even though I have the DVDs.