Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Country Music Super group Alabama

r4004810576.jpg

My favorite singing group and the original main topic of STARTREKFANS.NET, Alabama has been inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame. Mark Herndon, the band's drummer is now the youngest living member of the Hall of Fame at 50.

It's great to see them honored in this way and I never had any doubt that they'd some day take their place in the Hall but it's still hard to believe that they've made it in. I've personally been a fan almost since the day they hit Country radio and have followed their career very closely for the past 25 years. I've been to several concerts over the years and own most of their albums (Yes Albums) and all of their CD's.

I had nothing to do with their career but in a way, as a long standing devout fan I feel like I'm a part of it.

I've corresponded with their lead guitarist, Jeff Cook and invited him to visit the boards here since I know that he is a big Star Trek fan. He said he'd drop in when he had time but I'm not sire if he ever did. On the chance that he may pay a visit in the future and on the further chance that he would see this thread I'll say Well done Jeff and congratulations on the induction into the Hall!!

Congrats to them. My mother is a fan of Alabama. I don't care for them all that much, but I am aware of their influence and popularity in the world of Country & Western music. A worthy act being inducted is always a good thing.

Poor Brenda. No longer the youngest. lol

sweet, it was only a matter of time until they were in. I love all music; country, rock, metal, pop, jazz... So I'm very happy for them. Only thing I'm hoping for now is that Alice Cooper makes it into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next year :biggrin:

As a kid I was always pretty picky when it came to music, I liked all different kinds of music from 1940's country to what is now called "Classic Rock" but when it came to buying albums, tapes or 8 Tracks (CD's didn't exist yet) I would only buy 1 person's music and that was Elvis. Then around 1980 or 1981 I discovered Alabama so my personal music collection doubled and I began buying all of their music as well as going to concerts.

Now I have a collection of various artists but my 2 first musical loves will always be 1. Elvis and 2. Alabama, both legends in their genres.