Sign in to follow this  
APW

A Neat website feature

I was just browsing a message board I've never been too previously. It had a feature I haven't seen anywhere else.

Every member had a "Rep" rating at the pottom of their avatar. How it worked was, other members either give you a positive or negative "rep" based on how well they like your posts (how articulate you are, how well you present your ideas or arguments, how well you spell, various other things). Positives earn you a higher "rep" (reputation, I guess). Negatives (members who post negatives must tell the person they gave an negative to who they are and why they felt justified in giving them the negative), lower your rep. Members with better Rep's get avatars and access to restricted areas (like that site's version of Q'onos - a forum for hot topics),

while lower rep's are stuck in the "cotton candy-ish" forums where nothing much interesting happens.

I'm not sure I'd like that. But thought it was interesting.

Nope.

I don't visit too many message boards.

There are like 4 sites I visit virtually every day, at least once.

Other than those sites, I mostly frequent Christian-oriented sites or the NFL's website. That's it.

So, this rep rating is common?

Hmm.... :laugh:

I am on a site that has it. I find it a pain in the *buttocks*. I hate critics.

The site is proberbly run on Invision, as is this board.

And Invision alowes you to have this feature called a "Warning Level"

Or it could be on a Proboards or YABB site which has the REP system, pretty handy.

I think that VBG can put one in this site.

ProBoards and VBulletin have something like that. I think VBulletin calls it "Karma", where you can Praise someone, or denounce them, or something like that. It's pretty interesting. I'd like to see what my Rep is around here...

The site is proberbly run on Invision, as is this board.

And Invision alowes you to have this feature called a "Warning Level"

Or it could be on a Proboards or YABB site which has the REP system, pretty handy.

I think that VBG can put one in this site.

I believe the rating system is separate from the warning level system. The warning level system is only seen by whoever the admin sets up to see it. While the rating system is something which all the users can participate. It should not effect the user's status on the board.

If I am right the boards on the scifi network site has them. I am a member but I have only posted once.

Yes, Sci Fi has a rating system. I believe startrek.com had one also. They probably still have one.

If I am right the boards on the scifi network site has them. I am a member but I have only posted once.

I believe startrek.com had one also. They probably still have one.

I am really not sure if they did or not.. I did not stay there long enough to know. I only was at ST.com for maybe three weeks tops.

Actually, I do not believe I have been at a board yet that has the whole Karma/Rating system on it for the board members. Data, you could probably know if one of the boards I was at had a rating system.. since we both have posted at a few of the same sites because honestly I did not notice if they did or not..

And I am not sure if the Karma/rating is a good thing or not......

Edited by Yillara_Skye

I believe startrek.com had one also. They probably still have one.

I am really not sure if they did or not.. I did not stay there long enough to know. I only was at ST.com for maybe three weeks tops.

Actually, I do not believe I have been at a board yet that has the whole Karma/Rating system on it for the board members. Data, you could probably know if one of the boards I was at had a rating system.. since we both have posted at a few of the same sites because honestly I did not notice if they did or not..

And I am not sure if the Karma/rating is a good thing or not......

None of the forums that both of posted had a rating system. But there is one forum that I have posted on, the one with the RPG, has a rating system.

None of the forums that both of posted had a rating system. But there is one forum that I have posted on, the one with the RPG, has a rating system.

Oh, ok.