Sign in to follow this  
gdog243

STfans.net on Netscape

I'm getting some wacky pages for STfans.net on Netscape. For example, everythings seem to be centered and the white links at the top of the page are pretty much untop of the logo making it hard to read. How do I get this site as it would look normal on Netscape?

I'm looking into that, it seems that Firefox (Netscape) has problems properly reading the site.

Yeah. I just upgraded to a new version of Netscape, and it allows you to view as if it was Firefox. I'll try to get a screencap to help you.

I'm looking into that, it seems that Firefox (Netscape) has problems properly reading the site.

Yeah. I just upgraded to a new version of Netscape, and it allows you to view as if it was Firefox. I'll try to get a screencap to help you.

That's ok, I have both Firefox and IE so I've seen how Firefox distorts the site. I'm not sure what causes it but I may have to design a special skin for Firefox users which may take a little time.

Some HTML/CSS tags are interpreted differently (and more correctly) by firefox then IE and other browsers, I can’t tell you how to fix it, but you may want to look into making the site into strict XHTML.

I have Firefox, and I personally don't mind the weird layout of the site in it. If you move your mouse over a link, it gets highlighted, so it helps to see it.

I'm on FireFox too and it is so hard to navigate.

It’s not hard to get used to, only annoying. On a somewhat off topic: I have noticed that a number of site have started to go with firefox friendly design over IE friendly design.