Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Do You Think Trip Would Have Made A Good Captain?

Captain Charles "Trip" Tucker  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would He Have Made A Good Captain?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Know

do you think so? After watching the three part Vulcan story arch of season four, I really do think so. He really took command of the Enterprise when Archer and T'Pol were on Vulcan. I would have liked to have seen him as a captain of a ship in the future, maybe someday someone will write novels about it (and imagine TATV didn't exist)

That may be true, and granted I'm not one of those people who has seen every Enterprise episode 2 or 3 times, but from what I've seen, he doesn't have that much command expertice. Yes he was able to take command duriing that time. However, there's a difference from having to take over for a short period of time, and assuming a full command position.

Don't get me wrong though. Trip is one of my favorite characters, and he does his job well. His character is very mellow, for lack of a better word. He does his job well, but he does have to be told what to do to a matter of extent.

That is what happens on in really life as well. Just can't just do anything that he wants without permission from the chain of command. There will always be matter on shop life where the captain will have to tell crew member on what he believes that needs to get done.

I think it is possible that Trip would be a good captain and I'm basing that on the fact that in the alternate Twilight timeline, Trip commanded Enterprise for 9 years.

Absolutely!

Before they Killed him; (:drool:) it was easy for me to imagine his future expolits in the Service led to his being one of Kirks heros/role models.

Since that last episode was on a holodeck it might not happen in really world of Star Trek. But I don't believe any character really dies.

At the stage he was at when he died I would have said no but with more experience under Archer I think he could have made a very good and competent captain.