Sign in to follow this  
LordOfTheBorg

Cube, Cube2: Hypercube, Cube Zero

You guys ever seen these shows? I am watching CUBE ZERO right now, and i've seen the others. They're pretty good.

IMDB.com info- Cube:Seven total strangers awaken one day to find themselves alone in a cubical maze. Once they meet, they work together using their given skills and talents to survive the deadly traps which guard many of the colored cubic rooms. Using Leaven's mathematical skills, they press forward, upword, and downward through the hatches to try and find the outer shell.

-Cube2: Hypercube :Eight strangers find themselves waking up in a strange cube-shaped room with no recollection of how they came to be there. Soon discovering that they're in a strange fourth dimension where our laws of physics don't apply, they have to unravel the secrets of the "hypercube" in order to survive...

-Cube Zero:A young man whose job is to watch over the Cube endeavours to rescue an innocent woman trapped in one of its rooms.

They're not shows, they're movies. Direct to video, sadly; they're very unique and pretty good.

I've only seen the first one, Cube, and about half of the second one, Cube 2: Hypercube. I actually have Cube 2 and Cube Zero (3) on my computer, but I'm looking for the first one so my girlfriend and I can watch them together. Cube 2 doesn't have much to do with Cube, but at the same time, one shouldn't watch it before watching Cube, because Cube 2 uses a new Cube.

Here's a better synopsis: Imagine a Rubik's cube, but instead of 4x4x4 or 5x5x5, 128x128x128 - if memory serves, those are the dimensions of the Cube - that or 256x256x256. Now imagine each cube within that being the size of a room, and a door on all six sides. You wake up in one room, having no idea how you got there, or even that you're in something bigger than the room you're in. You walk to one wall, climb the ladder to the door on that side (the rooms are about 12x12x12 with ladders all around so you have to climb up to the ones on the sides, or up to the ceiling and then across monkey-bars to the one on the ceiling), open the door, and see a guy coming in from the ceiling. He drops down, and lasers cut him in hundreds of pieces. You know THAT room is trapped - you have five other choices. Which do you take? This is the puzzle before a handful of people who wake up in the Cube with no idea how they got there. They figure if they can get to the outer shell, they can get outside (since presumably all the rooms have 6 doors, one on the outside would be an exit).

The first film is awesome, and the second one, what I saw of it, was pretty good.