Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Real phasers just around the corner

interisting, but i would stick with a good old .9 mil. for self protection, and i figure if a suspect runs from a cop, he knows what the cops gonna do.

bearded ape, you have a good point there, until more research is done on the phaser, though it is interesting.

Self defense, I guess until the phaser is evolved more...I'll stick to my fists, whatever blunt object is nearby, and last resort my compound bow(I prefer that over guns...primitive I know, I know). And thankfully I have never had to resort to such measures.

Edited by Yillara_Soong

ARMS has a point. Wouldn't repeated use on a repeating offender or on the one using the weapon be exposed to radiation? How do they know the long term side effects? They ought'a test it on willing individuals to see if it can cause long-term damage to the Human body.

I hardly believe we will see any phasers for the next 20-30 years, but I would really like one.. If my girlfriend gets pissed, it could be useful :look:

Trek is becoming reality! WOOHOO!!!

Anyone here about the transporters they are making.

I agree Cap, but I think it will be difficult to track down those willing individuals.

77576[/snapback]

yeah, who wants to be knocked out every day? :frusty:

I can't wait to get my own! hehe :angry: what bout them transporters cougar?

I heard something that they have made experimental transporters I think in Australia. They have managed to transport something very small, maybe a molecule. Maybe you can find it somewhere on Google., I think it was mentioned her at stf once.

Trek is becoming reality! WOOHOO!!!

Anyone here about the transporters they are making.

282683[/snapback]

From what I heard, they're half-way there... They can take things apart, they just can't put them together again! :frusty:

From what I heard, they're half-way there... They can take things apart, they just can't put them together again! :frusty:

282767[/snapback]

Great...

Cool phaser! But I must admit my first thought was, "where's the 'atomic wedgie' setting?"  :congrats:  :blush 2:

It's only the size of a suitcase.  :clap:  :wow:

282882[/snapback]

We get to be those redshirts with the weird backpack thing!!!!

WOO HOOO!!!! :congrats:

Non-lethal? Where's the fun in that?

282587[/snapback]

if I read this correctly, it sends High voltage, low amperage currents down range to the target, right? Okay, here's how you set it for kill. Use a rheostat or something similar to allow you to increase Amperage up to, say, 1 Amp. Point. Click. YOur target is dead.

ARMS has a point.  Wouldn't repeated use on a repeating offender or on the one using the weapon be exposed to radiation?  How do they know the long term side effects?  They ought'a test it on willing individuals to see if it can cause long-term damage to the Human body.

77384[/snapback]

I'd be willing to be zapped, only if money was involved ;) easy way to make money, and then lose all ability to reproduce... Then again, do you really want a bunch of little psy's running around? One's bad enough ;)