Sign in to follow this  
LordOfTheBorg

CANADA

I am from Buffalo, New York that is on the border between the two countries. I have gone to Canada since I was a very small child. I can't tell you when my first visit was, because I was just a baby. When I was a child I viewed Canada as being part of US, because you didn't need a passport to get into the country. Most kids in Buffalo have that view. When I was about 7 I learned that Canada was country, and part of the Britian. I don't see Canadians living in ingloos.

All right, let's clean this thread up a little or it's headed for closing.

You see something offensive here?....I don't. People are just having a little harmless fun.

I'm more offended by your sig....................

Do I find something offensive? Hmm...people saying my country doesn't matter, that Canadians are slow, and Canuckleheads? I'm supposed to not take offense to that? I don't care if it is in jest because the same people who make these comments are the same people who will jump down my throat if I make a joke about the U.S.

I have no huge problem with the thread right now but I don't see any point in leaving it open if its just going to be a constant stream of insults.

You don't like my sig? Fine, put a Vinick/Sullivan ad in yours.

I have no huge problem with the thread right now but I don't see any point in leaving it open if its just going to be a constant stream of insults.

My goodness, Jack. If you're going to be so sensitive, close the thread already. We in the USA get trashed daily in here but it doesn't bother most of us.

You don't like my sig? Fine put a Vinick/Sullivan ad in yours

Who are they?

By the way, I can only speak for myself, but just to make it perfectly clear. I like Canadians. I vacationed there 2 years ago and found them to be a very friendly and hospitable people.

Edited by Kor37

My goodness, Jack. If you're going to be so sensitive, close the thread already. We in the USA get trashed daily in here but it doesn't bother most of us.

You don't like my sig? Fine put a Vinick/Sullivan ad in yours

Who are they?

By the way, I can only speak for myself, but just to make it perfectly clear. I like Canadians. I vacationed there 2 years ago and found them to be a very friendly and hospitable people.

Maybe I am being overly sensitive but this thread was started to discuss thoughts on Canada and if it going to be nothing but insults, there is no point in leaving it open. And why couldn't you have said that part about your vacation the first time? Why go negative?

And how are you offended by my signature if you don't know who Vinick and Sullivan are? Cause if you don't know who they are, how can you be offended by a Santos/McGarry ad? Not trying to be rude but its doesn't seem to make sense. Is is because Santos and McGarry are Democrats? But how could you know that if you don't know who Vinick and Sullivan are?

why couldn't you have said that part about your vacation the first time?

You are right. I should have.

Why go negative?

I don't think I did. I use Canucklehead as an endearing term. No offense at all meant by it.To me its like calling us Yankees.

And how are you offended by my signature if you don't know who Vinick and Sullivan are?

I just don't think we should be campaigning for politicians in here. It doesn't matter who they are.I have no idea who the people in your sig are either.

I think Jack was rightfully pre-emptive here, the last CANADA thread also ended in a minor holocaust.

That said; I really don't think we need to go through it all again so how about we just slip this one under the rug and move on to different less potentially volatile subjects...

:dude: HAPPY HALLOWEEN! :dude:

And how are you offended by my signature if you don't know who Vinick and Sullivan are?

I just don't think we should be campaigning for politicians in here. It doesn't matter who they are.I have no idea who the people in your sig are either.

Well, these aren't real politicians. Santos and McGarry are the Democratic candidates for President and Vice-President on The West Wing. Vinick and Sullivan are the Republican candidates. Santos is played by Jimmy Smits and Vinick is played by Alan Alda.

As for the Canucklehead thing, Canuck is preferable, since it doesn't have the knucklehead part in there.

Well, these aren't real politicians. Santos and McGarry are the Democratic candidates for President and Vice-President on The West Wing. Vinick and Sullivan are the Republican candidates. Santos is played by Jimmy Smits and Vinick is played by Alan Alda

LOL......didn't know that. I guess I should watch the West Wing...

:blush 2:

Obviously, I am no longer offended by your sig...... :dude: