Sign in to follow this  
Jim Phaserman

Would you play him?

Alright, put yourself in Bill Belichek's shoes. Your defense is suffering from a rash of Injuries, and now your all-Pro Inside Linebacker Tedy Bruschi, supposedly sitting out this season after suffering a stroke earlier this year, says he's cleared to play. Assuming, of course, that he is able to practice at his normal level, and still looks sharp, would you play him? Consider the risks of possibly having another stroke (a second would probably end his career), or of him just not being able to play. Also consider that he is probably the best all around Middle Linebacker in the NFL. he's better than Urlacher, Better than Derrick Brooks, and could if nothing else lend an emotional burst to a battered Patriots Defense. It's a tough call. What would you do?

I, personally, would check with the Team Doctors and Bruschi's physicians, evaluate the medical risks of him playing, then make my decision based on their advice. I wouldn't go with what happens during Contact practices because the hits in practice generally aren't as fierce as those in a game situation. if the Docs say he is good to go, and he looks good, I'd play him.

I would not and I think the NFL needs to step in, who can forget the Image of him and his kids playing on the Field right before the Super Bowl, I do not want to see him Die on the Playing Field

Talking to Julie, she says that more than likely, a second stroke wouldn't kill him, if it were like the first one, BUT, it would leave him in a much worse physical condition, and certainly unable to play Ball again. However, if the doctors believe he can play without risk, and he is up to par...well, I guess let him play. He's an adult, and can make an educated decision. if he wants to risk it, let him risk it.