Sign in to follow this  
Gary Phaserman

Madden NFL 2006

So i just bought Madden 2k6, and hot damn! I love that game. The new features rock, like QB Vision, and the newer Playmaker controls including (this is probably my favorite) The Hitstick! Hitstick has been around on the Playstation for a while, but is new to GameCube, and man, can you rock mugs with it.

With 2K5, EA Sports marketted the "Now you will Fear the D" campaign. They kept the Defense strong, and in fact, makes it more fun to be on Defense. While playing Franchise Mode, I upgraded the Packers' Defense with the addition of 2 key Free Agent Aquisitions (both of these should be in the FA listing) in Tedy Bruschi (MLB) and Ty Law (CB). Now, this uprated Pack D is gaining a reputation for theivery, as the Defense leads the league in Interceptions (My Create-A-Player Rookie (91ovr, 88 Awr, 88 Spd, 87 Awr) has 12, going into week 8 against the Bengals, while Ty Law and Tedy Bruschi each have 7) as well as sacks, and points allowed (0).

If you have the right combination of Offense and Defense, you can have a very successful franchise. Right now, going into week 8, the Packers lead the NFL with a 6-0 Record, having scored over (and I kid you not, I'll take a picture of the screen later to prove it) 650 points, while allowing None to be scored. the Offense, behind Brett Favre and Ahman Green, have scored over 50 Touchdowns in 6 weeks. The Defense, too, has gotten into the action, having scored an additional 22 Touchdowns.

I love the Playbook Creator, which allows you to create custom plays based on existing formations, modify those existing formations, or even create your own formations. My Playbook features some old school Offensive sets (Wishbone and Wing T) as well as some Defensive schemes that might be familiar to anyone who played High School Football (4-4 Stack, 5-2 Monster, 5-3, and a 7-1-3 Goal Line formation).

Probably the coolest game mode though has to be Superstar. This allows you to create an NFL Player, Quite litterally from the genetic level up. you get to choose your own DNA by selecting your own set of parents. For best results with this, choose a father who was either a Pro-Bowler or a Hall Of Famer at the desired possition, which will automatically give your player a rating somewhere in the upper 80's, plus choose parents with average to high IQs, which will increase your awareness. You also get a Mentor, a former NFL Player who will guide you through your career. (It's the same mentor all the time, I won't spoil it for you, though) Once your player is created, you move into an apartment, then meet your mentor, hire an agent, and take an IQ test. The IQ test will help determine your player's awareness, critical to how well your player plays. it also determines how high or low you can go in the draft. once this is completed, It's on to the draft! For the best results once you are in the preseason, do every practice. Try and have an average of 10 Points/Play minimum with your practices, as this will give your player a ratings boost fo sho.

The Agent in Superstar Mode allows you to do a few cool things, but be careful, they can impact your player's personality. You can garauntee a win, release a statement about your next opponent, complain about your coaches, demand a trade, or even retire. If you talk it up too much, though, you can quickly earn a personality of "Disruptive", even if your player is the best at his possition, and is correct with his talking. There is so much to cover with Superstar, you just have to play it to figure it out.

I've played every Madden NFL game since 2K1, and I have to say, 2K6 is the best by far. I give Madden 2K6 5 footballs out of 5. Awesome Game.

I made a Madden 06 Post about 1 month ago about 3 pages back, here is what I wrote

I just bought Madden 06 for my PS2, Pretty good game, I was just wondering what was everyone's Favorite John Madden Football, and What system was it on, Mine was Madden 94 On Sega, it was the year before they got the NFL Liscense and it ranks up there as my all time fav, I felt that Madden slacked in quality for a while Especially behin Akklaim's NFL Quarterback Club Games for the Super Nintendo, and on PSX NFL Gameday, (Madden was awsome on the Sega Saturn) it really hit gold with the PS2, Gamecube, a X-box, but they need to make some more changes, the game is getting stale a little

The Game is a little too easy I think I don't like how I keep racking up points, they need to improve on the Computer AI next season

Yeah, it gets annoying running up 110-140 points in a 20 minute game (5 minute Quarters) on Franchise, I took the Packers to a perfect season, 19-0, Undefeated from Day 1 till the Superbowl, where I destroyed the Chargers.

I personally don't like the QB vision. It takes too long for me to scan the field, by the time I find an open reciever, I'm sacked...

turn QB Vision off. I've noticed with that, that if you try and throw to a reciever outside your "Vision" Zone, the pass is usually pretty bad, unless the QB you are playing is Favre or Manning, in which case it ain't so bad.