Sign in to follow this  
LordOfTheBorg

Anti-Virus/-Spyware Programs

Seeing as how there seems to be a whole bunch of bad stuff out there, here are some good programs.. use them!

Use the links below to find free resources to scan and remove viruses, and to scan and remove spyware from your computer.

Free AntiVirus Software

AVG:

Click Here For AVG(recommended)

Antivirus Protection Freeware for HOME use on personal computer only.

1. AVG Free Edition is a FREE product. There is no warranty and no technical support available unless you purchase a technical support agreement.

2. You may install and use only one copy of the Software for single home or office computer protection only, irrespective of the number of times you download the Software or the number of licenses you purport to accept.

3. You may not use the Software on a network or more than one PC.

Avast Antivirus:

Click Here For Avast!

Avast could be used only by home users which do NOT use their computer for profit. If you do not meet this condition, you will need to buy a commercial license of avast!. Use it for up to 60 days before being required to register (for free) and you'll be sent a license key via email.

Resident Protection: Instant Messaging, P2P shield, Internet Mail, Panda ScOutlook/Exchange

Anti-Vir:

Click Here for Anti-Vir

This free AntiVir® Personal Edition is intended exclusively for private use on a single workstation. You may copy the complete program package and pass it on to others for private use only. The free AntiVir® Personal Edition may not be used for commercial or professional purposes.

EZ Armour Security Suite (free for one year)

Free DOS AntiVirus

F-prot

Online Virus Scans

Housecall

Panda Active Scan

eTrust AV web scanner

Free Virus Removal Tools

Symantec

BitDefender

Panda

W95.CIH Data Recovery

Fix CIH

Free Trojan Scan

The Cleaner (Free 30 day trial)

Free Online trojan scan trojanscan.com

Free Firewalls

Zone Alarm

Sygate

Outpost

Spyware Removal

Hijack This

Spybot

AdAware

BHODemon

Spyware Prevention

Spyware Blaster

Spyware Guard

Misc Tools

StartupList

DOS Delete

Edited by LordOfTheBorg

:blush: Good Firewalls! Thank you so much! :jaw:

I use AVG, Spyware, and Adaware. They update themselves as soon as I turn my computer on! :)

i use avg, adaware, going to download spybot a friend recommends using adaware and spybot because one will catch something that other doesn't . i have no complaints with either program.

tm :)

I get MacAfee AV/Firewall/Spyware Remover/etc...for free with Comcast.

Wish I knew that last July (a month before I switched ISP's from AOL to Comcast)when I spent just over $100 bucks on Symantec products. :)

I also use Webroot Spysweeper. It's really good.

Right now at Webroot, they are offering free trials of Windows Washer, and several other of their products. I'd recommend them.

Edited by admiralpeewee