Do You Think Khan And His Soldiers...

Do You Think So?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Think So?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
    • Other

I've thought about this many times. Khan, the soldiers and war all took place in the 1990's.

My point being that it is now 2005, and no Khan ever happened in real life in the 1990's, do you think they should have had Khan take place at a later date rather than so soon? Agreed that in the 60's, the 1990's were far away and it had people that were watching afraid that when the 90's came around, would Khan attack?!

But now that it is already past then and it didn't happen, not saying I believe it would have, it really made Star Trek more fiction than reality. You know what I'm trying to say? If Khan happened in 2078, we would never know, 'cause a lot of us would be dead. Just like setting the series in the 24th century, we won't be alive to see if things are really like that for the same reason.

My only complaint is that they should have made Khan happen way far off in the future and the story would have been more realistic today and for many more years than it did. Now that Khan didn't happen, does that mean the rest of the stuff seen on Star Trek won't happen in real life either? It turns the series into not our future, but like an alternate dimension, a mirror universe if you will.

:lol: No, I'm not crazy and think that Trek is real, but it's something I have thought about for a while now

You should read "The Eugenics Wars" . Its a 3 novel story that deals with your question. You will find out how Khan did what he did and you are unaware of it. Its probably the best Trek novels I've ever read. Every character we have ever met from any Trek series that was alive in the 20th century is in the book. I highly reccomend it.

What is the first book called? Book One?

Thats exactly it. "The Eugenics Wars" Book 1. I suggest buying them all at once though. Because after you finished book 1, you will want to immediately start book 2. Its THAT good!

I'll give you a little teaser. Here are just some of the characters that appear in the book:

Gary 7 & Roberta Lincoln

Flint

Guinan

Rainbow (that girl from the Voyager episode when they went to the 20th century)

Those 3 people from TNG that were from the 20th century and frozen.

Agreed that in the 60's, the 1990's were far away and it had people that were watching afraid that when the 90's came around, would Khan attack?!

358852[/snapback]

I think it is safe to say that when they were writing Space Seed no one had any idea that Trek would still be talked about in the 1990's, let alone in 2005.

It also seems that TOS had a much more optimistic view regarding the space program compared to the reality of the situation.

since I'm planning on seeing DOOM in theaters today, I'll try to go by Books-A-Millon and get two of the Eugenics Wars books. I've never seen the third book, don't even know what it looks like

I think I remember seeing that. I just hope that they still have the books there. I haven't really paid much attention, but I'll try to get them if they are there. Hate to get my expectation all up and then go to discover that they are sold out :lol:

well what I said would happen did, I went over to the bookstore last night and they only had book two and not book one so I didn't get any of them. Oh well, I'll just have to wait

Order the books from Barnes&Noble.com. I order all of my books from there. They have everything.

What is the first book called? Book One?

Thats exactly it. "The Eugenics Wars" Book 1. I suggest buying them all at once though. Because after you finished book 1, you will want to immediately start book 2. Its THAT good!

I'll give you a little teaser. Here are just some of the characters that appear in the book:

Gary 7 & Roberta Lincoln

Flint

Guinan

Rainbow (that girl from the Voyager episode when they went to the 20th century)

Those 3 people from TNG that were from the 20th century and frozen.

358862[/snapback]

Oh yeah, I forgot. Gillian from Trek IV is in it too as well as the guy that Scotty gave the formula for transparent aluminum to.

Order the books from Barnes&Noble.com. I order all of my books from there. They have everything.

359456[/snapback]

Bookstores will special order the books for you if you request it.