Sign in to follow this  
Krissy Phaserman

An idea I had...

Okay, so I was watching "The American President" On TV today, and I had an idea...

Why don't we have a mock election for the President of the United Federation of Planets? it would be an honorary title, with no real privelages, but it would also be interesting to see how it would play out here. Perhaps if we had enough candidates, we have a "Primary" to narrow it down to say...4 candidates, then those 4 candidates post their plans for the Federation. For example, how would a candidate manage Stafleet? how would they deal with the Federation's education system? stuff like that. Economics, Foriegn policy, Education, and the like. Perhaps we have the members nominate our members for the Primaries, then hold a Primary Election, say in 2 weeks, and leave it open for a week, then we give the official candidates time to do their policies and such, then hold the General Election. What do you guys think?

If you're interested in Federation politics, I highly recommend Articles of the Federation by Keith D.A. DeCandido. It is basically Star Trek: The West Wing and The West Wing is based upon the American President (both created by Aaron Sorkin).

As for your suggestion, it is interesting, but the staff would have to take a good look at it before we decide anything.

Of course, you must remember that VaBeachGuy holds the title of Federation President and Alterego is the Vice-President (which is never actually mentioned in AOTF which is probably because there are no parties).