Sign in to follow this  
Chataeya

Looking For

What are the time lines in the USA? What is the difference between them? and Does the other time lines here do "Daylight Savings Time" ?

Your welcome. Yes we do both, currently we are sprung ahead.

Not as far ahead as me. :laugh: It is now 3.32 pm July 10th.

Anyone want to know what's going to happen tomorrow ? :lol:

Your welcome. Yes we do both, currently we are sprung ahead.

Not as far ahead as me. :laugh: It is now 3.32 pm July 10th.

Anyone want to know what's going to happen tomorrow ? :lol:

lol!!

I like that one! Heehee, I had fun with that when I went to Russia(I was 13)...it was day there and night back here in Florida...

Personally I dislike changing the clocks back and forth, I like Standard time better. Anyone else???

:laugh: Thanks Indy. :lol:

I hate this nonsense too, wish they would just leave things alone. Just when I get use to one it's time to do the other.

An interesting thing about time zones. Did you know that they were created by the train industry? Yes, back when trains were the big new thing, some cities had as many as twenty-six time zones. And that's just within the city itself! This made it very hard for the trains to be on time and to not collide with each other. So, they created four time zones across the United States so that each city within that zone would have the same time, and that the trains would arrive and leave on time.

If you look at Indy's time zone map you notice that Indiana and Arizona have two colors. In Indiana, the state is in the Eastern Tme zone in the Fall and Winter, except the little upper left corner which is suburban Chicago. That portion of the state is always in the Central Time zone.

In the Spring and Summer when the rest of the country is changing their clocks, the majority of Hoosiers (Indiana residents) do not change their clocks. So in the summer and spring Indiana is in one time zone: Central Daylight's Savings Time. (so EST = CDST)

There was once an attempt to switch the clocks like the rest of the country, but it "failed." I no longer live there, but I think there has been recent discussions about doing the time change, but right now, they are still doing what they have always done.