• Great!
    • Good.
    • OK.
    • Um...
    • Needs some work.
    • Bad.
    • The worst draft EVER!

How can you get better gas mileage?

Gas… It cost a great deal now. In fact it is about three dollars a gallon at most in city or near freeway gas stations. Further more, it is must likely that you have tried your best to save money by searching for the cheapest gas prices around, driving when you have to, and plan your trips in advance, but you still pay more then you like at the pump. Bettering your gas mileage is most likely the next best step for you to take to try and save you gas and money.

There are many things you can do to get better gas mileage… let’s start with the car it self. Most cars have under pressurized tires. If your tire is five pounds under pressure you can loss a mile per gallon of gas. By checking you tire pressure often you can make sure you have the need pressure for your tires. You can also fill you tires with nitrogen. Nitrogen, being bigger then the dioxide (oxygen) molecule, takes long to leak out from the tire and prolongs the tires life. This option, if you would like to use it, is available at Costco and Discount Tires stores.

Your engine, the thing in the front, or back, of you car that moves the tires, powers the radio, and makes that noise when you start the car, is the next place you could work on to help you save a buck. Bad or dirty spark plugs, fuel injectors, or other components can waste gas right under your nose while you drive. The best way to thwart this loss of useful gas, and up your gas mileage it to give your car a tone-up regularly. This could reduce around 30 percent of your car’s fuel economy. Also, not all gas is alike, but some times the regular is all you need. Most cars don’t need premium and buy regular can help you save a few cents more.

Furthermore, the habits a drive has can impact the gas mileage of a car they use. Hard acceleration and stopping can bit down on the gas mileage and also damage the car. Gradually speeding up and stopping can solve this. Driving to fast can waste gas. Make sure you are at the right speed when on the road to prevent this from happening to you.

Now for something almost every one does… Idling! Yes, idling. This waste gas, produces carbon dioxide, and contaminates the cars oil faster then a moving vehicle. Drivers should try to avoid doing this as much as they can or at most for three minutes. A car can warm it self very quickly and the best way to do such is to get out on the road and drive.

Finally, plan your trip in advance. Know where your going, how to get there, and the best way to get there is the fastest time. Using online driving tools like Map Quest can help you pal out your trip in the bet possible way you can. All this can save you gas, and, more importantly, save you money.

Better gas mileage is just a gas and break away. Just watch your driving and where you going, with a tune-up in between, can better your gas mileage, save you gas, and save you money.

Work Cited

"CBC News Indepth: Consumer tips." Get Better Gas Mileage. 21 May. 2004. CBC News. 11 Oct. 2005 <http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/consumertips/gasmilage.html>.

Shen, Molly. "KOMO : A Free And Easy Way To Get Better Gas Mileage." A Free And Easy Way To Get Better Gas Mileage. 4 Oct. 2005. KOME 4 News. 11 Oct. 2005 <http://www.komotv.com/news/printstory.asp?id=39590>.

1. Replace your 2nd sentence with "The price of gas averages around $3.00 at most city stations and at stations near the freeway"

2. "Furthermore" is 1 word. Also, this sentence is 1 huge run-on sentence. Break it into 2 sentences.

3. "Bettering" is not a word.

4. "lose a mile", NOT "loss a mile". "Fill your tires", NOT "fill you tires", "takes longer to leak out" NOT "takes long to leak out"

I'll move on to the next paragraph tommorrow!

1. Replace your 2nd sentence with "The price of gas averages around $3.00 at most city stations and at stations near the freeway"

2. "Furthermore" is 1 word. Also, this sentence is 1 huge run-on sentence. Break it into 2 sentences.

3. "Bettering" is not a word.

4. "lose a mile", NOT "loss a mile". "Fill your tires", NOT "fill you tires", "takes longer to leak out" NOT "takes long to leak out"

I'll move on to the next paragraph tommorrow!

358202[/snapback]

Agreed - in addition you switch tenses in that run on sentence - match your verb forms.

Also your title indicates the article is about better mileage but you start out talking about money. What you're trying to do is save money by improving your mileage.

I will go on to say there are several instances throughout the essay where you use the wrong form of a word - you need to read through slowly and carefully.

There's more but I don't know how much you want to hear.

Next Paragraph:

1. "your car" NOT "you car".

2. The engine does NOT power the radio.

3. "help save a buck" NOT "help you save a buck"

4. "right under your nose".......delete this phrase.

5. "this loss of useful gas"......delete the word useful and get rid of the comma after the word "gas"

6."is to give your car a tune-up" NOT "it to give your car a tone-up"

7. "This could reduce around 30 percent of your car's fuel economy"....are you saying that getting a tune-up will reduce your car's fuel economy? Thats what it sounds like. Instead, say "this could increase your car's fuel economy by 30 percent"

8. "sometimes" is 1 word.

9. "but sometimes the regular is all you need".....get rid of the word "the" here and say regular gas instead.

10."...and buying regular gas can help you save a few more cents"...NOT "..and buy regular can help you save a few cents more"

I'm exhausted. I'll come back later to correct your next paragraph.

Thanks for the help so far. I knew it needed some work, but I didn't think it needed this much.

Edited by Capt_Picard

Next paragraph:

1. Replace the first sentence with.."Driving habits can affect the gas mileage of a car"

2.".....and stopping can decrease the gas mileage"..NOT "...and stopping can bit down on the gas mileage"

3."Driving too fast" NOT "Driving to fast"

Next paragraph:

1. "This wastes gas" NOT "This waste gas"

2. "the car's oil" NOT "the cars oil"

3." Drivers should try to avoid doing this as much as they can or at most for three minutes. "..Replace this sentence with.."Drivers should not let their cars idle for more than three minutes"

4. "itself" is 1 word.

5. "best way to do so" NOT "best way to do such"

Next paragraph:

1. "Know where your going, how to get there, and the best way to get there is the fastest time." - Replace with "Know where you're going and how to get there in the quickest time".

2. "pal out your trip " - "plan" NOT "pal"

3. "in the bet possible way " - "best" NOT "bet"

4. "and, more " - delete the comma here

Last paragraph:

1. "Better gas mileage is just a gas and break away" - I can't correct this because I have no idea what you are trying to say.

2. "Just watch your driving and where you going, with a tune-up in between, can better your gas mileage, save you gas, and save you money." ----This entire sentence is messed up. Try this: "Just watch your driving habits. This, along with keeping your car in tune, can better your gas mileage and save you money."

Kor please... I am not in the mood, or awake to the point to deal with you today"

YOU UNGRATEFUL LITTLE TWIT! :klingon:

I spend over an hour trying to help you with your report and THIS is the thanks I get!! :klingon::klingon:

Don't expect any more help with your reports. :klingon: B) :bash:

Edited by Kor37

I already just sent you a PM saying I am sorry for what I said in the other topic. I was not in a good mood that day due to my family and I let it out on you. I am sorry that I did that.

As I already replied in your PM, you are forgiven and I will continue to help you if you need it....... :yes:

Thanks for the help so far. I knew it needed some work, but I didn't think it needed this much.

358266[/snapback]

oh yeah. its so bad i'd fail you, imho.

And when Kor does help....... argh you are an ungrateful git!

Edited by xXTrekkieCaraXx

Everybody please lay off Capt_Picard. He has apologized to me and I have accepted his apology. Please consider the incident closed.

Capt. Picard, in my opinion, this couldn't be passed off as a middle school paper. If I were you, I'd delete the whole thing and start over. Plus, Microsoft Word has a spell checker, I'd use it if I were you.. Just push F7.

358266[/snapback]

:) Good Lucky Ducky with it

358542[/snapback]