Sign in to follow this  
mrskirk

Using new browser

Hey all! I just downloaded an alternate internet browser called Mozilla. The ScreenSavers on TechTV have been raving about this browser for quite a while because it's more secure than IE, has a built-in pop up blocker, and tabbed browsing. I was always too chicken to download it because I'm fairly new at computers and I thought changing browsers would be too much for me. Well, tonight I got brave, downloaded it and am using it right now. It even automatically forwarded all my favorites from IE!! It wasn't that difficult to install, and the tabbed browsing makes navigating message boards MUCH easier. Now, when I read or respond to a thread, I just open it up in a separate tab and when I'm done I don't have to click the back button a million times to get back to the main board. Just click! Close the tab! I did have a little difficulty with the font tags here, because they work a little differently than in IE, but, as usual our Fearless Leader was there to lend a helping hand and I got that little problem licked. So far, I'm really liking Mozilla!

Does anybody else here use Mozilla? If so, what do you think? Have any tips or tricks for a newbie?

I it used for a while, but didn't what the bug deal was, every now and then i use it, but I stick with Explorer mostly.

OT: As for the Screen Savers I watch it all the time, but don't think it's what it used to be.

Me, well I use Netscape. For me it's fast and I don't have to do a lot of clicking myself. Put Startrekfans on a tab here, click on it and I'm to my home page fast.

I it used for a while, but didn't what the bug deal was, every now and then i use it, but I stick with Explorer mostly.

OT: As for the Screen Savers I watch it all the time, but don't think it's what it used to be.

What do you mean by "bug deal?" I'm afraid I'm a tad confused.

What do you mean by "bug deal?" I'm afraid I'm a tad confused.

it should read big deal, sorry about that.