Sign in to follow this  
deagletime

Ro Laren on BSG

Did anyone catch Michelle Forbes (Ro Laren) on the season finale of Battlestar Galactica last nite? She was hecka sneaky on TNG and it kinda soured her image so much so that I couldnt picture her as the head admiral of the fleet.. it just didnt sit well with me

I loved her on TNG and I really liked her character last night. Found out a few weeks ago that Forbes would be playing this part. Now I can't wait for the conclusion to this cliff-hanger.

As far as I'm concerned, Ro Laren was a great character. Others must agree since she was offered starring roles on DS9 as well as Voyager, even though she turned both down.

Another bit of BSG/Trek info I didn't realize until last night:

The woman who played "Valerie Archer" (the starfleet commander who was really a member of Species 8472) in VOY's "In the Flesh" now plays Ellen Tigh, Colonel Tigh's social-climbing wife.

Lloyd Bridges must be spinning in his grave. To me, he will always be the definitive Commander Cain.

Who?  :inlove:

354130[/snapback]

In reference unto...?

It's interesting how the music used in this episode seems a schism to that used in those previous. I liked how the beginning took on a dreamlike quality whenst the Pegasus appeared.

Should be interesting to see how the conflict betwixt the two Battlestars continues if it does so.

Edited by DrWho42

Who?  :lol:

354130[/snapback]

Feeling old Kor? :inlove:

Lloyd Bridges played Commander Cain in the original BSG - he was quite a famous actor - had a series called Sea Hunt in the fifties and was in High Noon. He passed away several years ago but has a couple of sons in the business, Beau & Jeff.

Back to Michelle Forbes - I saw she was in this and almost watched it because of that but since I've only seen the first two eps this season I figured I would be way too lost. I liked Ro, I could sympathize with her position in TNG.

Wish they could get Forbes to guest star on SG1.

I really did not think she could pull it off but after watching the episode I have new respect for her as an actor. I will have to say so far this has been one of the best BSG shows so far. The last time a clifhanger caused so much emotion in me was when you hear "mr. worf.. fire". That was a long summer and this will be a long time untill Janurary.

Note: I just changed the size of the font. It was really difficult to read at the original size.

Edited by Takara_Soong

I don't really care for the new BSG, but I watched the show because I heard Forbes would be on it and I wanted to see if she could pull of Admiral Cain (since I remember Lloyd Bridges Cain from my childhood).

I have to give MF a hand.She did a better job than I expected she would, and I enjoyed the show (for the most part).

I may watch the first few ep's next season.

Who?  :dude:

354130[/snapback]

Feeling old Kor? :hug:

Lloyd Bridges played Commander Cain in the original BSG - he was quite a famous actor - had a series called Sea Hunt in the fifties and was in High Noon. He passed away several years ago but has a couple of sons in the business, Beau & Jeff.

Back to Michelle Forbes - I saw she was in this and almost watched it because of that but since I've only seen the first two eps this season I figured I would be way too lost. I liked Ro, I could sympathize with her position in TNG.

Wish they could get Forbes to guest star on SG1.

354146[/snapback]

Hey, I used to watch that too when I was only ... seven or eight

I haven't been watching the new BSG at all and season 2 doesn't start on Space until January but I find it ironic that at the same time Michelle Forbes appeared as Cain in the new series, I saw the Lloyd Bridges' episodes for the first time on Space, which is currently airing the original BSG late night.