Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

NFL 2005 Week 3

I was out of town for week 2 so I never got a chance to post my predictions but trust me, if I had posted them I'd have been 16-0 for the week... That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Here's week 3's predictions.

Atlanta at Buffalo I take the Bills

Carolina at Miami I'll take the Panthers

Cincinnati at Chicago I'll take the Bengals (though I think this could be an upset)

Cleveland at Indianapolis I'll take the Colts

Jacksonville at N.Y. Jets I'll take the Jets

New Orleans at Minnesota I'll take the Vikings (Only because they have to win)

Oakland at Philadelphia My Birds will fly

Tampa Bay at Green Bay I'm taking the Packers again because they HAVE to win

Tennessee at St. Louis I'll take the Rams

Arizona at Seattle I'll take the Seahawks (but could be an upset)

Dallas at San Francisco I'll take Dallas Though it kills me to pick them.

New England at Pittsburgh I'll take the Pats though this is close

N.Y. Giants at San Diego I'll take the Chargers

Kansas City at Denver The smart bet is K.C. but I sense a Denver win here.

Biggest game for week 3, New England vs Pittsburgh. This is going to be a big test for both teams. Expect a tough drag out knock down fight.

Biggest game for week 3, New England vs Pittsburgh.  This is going to be a big test for both teams.  Expect a tough drag out knock down fight.

354010[/snapback]

I kind of don't expect it to be a tough game. I think that whichever team wins they will win easily.

I'm also not sure if it's the bigest game of the week, it's probably one of the beter match-ups but in terms of importance I think the Vikings and Packers are at a season crossroad this week. Lose and the season may be a lost cause, win and they may be able to turn things around.

If the Steelers lose they're still a play off team, same with the Pats.

I think you are right, VBG. One alteration, though, Sentimentally, I think New Orleans may pull out all of the stops and go hunting Norsmen. New Orleans has taken it on the chin for the second time in a month, so they may have even more reason to want to win. the Vikings have a reason to win, but not the same kind of reason the Saints have. Besides, as long as Daunte keeps lookin' for #84, the Viqueens will have trouble.

I do think the Packers have to win this week, and if they do, especially against a seemingly tough opponent such as Tampa, it could give them a boost. Who knows, a Packers win could start a chain reaction that leads to the Pack claiming a 4th straight NFC North title.

Sadly that is probably going to be right. Darn it, Jags should have gotten off their butts last week against the Colts. It was a close game, but if they were smart they would have let Gerhard go in in place of Leftiwich who was injured by a cheap shot.

Tampa Bay at Green Bay I'm taking the Packers again because they HAVE to win
I like this choice, but then again that is because I am a Packers fan :inlove:

I am hoping KC wins... over at another board we are picking winners of MNF games, I really want to keep my streak going.. *crosses fingers* It would be awesome to keep it going.

I think New Orleans may pull out all of the stops and go hunting Norsmen.

HEY!! I kinda resemble that remark (well not exactly NorseMEN, but anyhow) :lol:

J/K I knew what you meant Krissy. LOL, part Norwegian and Danish here...

Edited by Yillara_Soong

Atlanta at Buffalo I take the Bills

Carolina at Miami I'll take the Panthers

Cincinnati at Chicago I'll take the Bengals

Cleveland at Indianapolis I'll take the Colts

New Orleans at Minnesota I'll take the Vikings

Oakland at Philadelphia My Birds will fly

Tampa Bay at Green Bay I'm taking the Packers

Tennessee at St. Louis I'll take the Rams

Arizona at Seattle I'll take the Seahawks

Dallas at San Francisco I'll take Dallas

New England at Pittsburgh I'll take the Pats

N.Y. Giants at San Diego I'll take the Chargers 

354008[/snapback]

So far for the week I'm 8-5

Denver has the win. it's final, 30-10.

And as for the Packers, All the veterans are stepping up and claiming responsibility for their mistakes. Brett Favre wants to take the blame himself, but Billy Henderson, Rob Davis, and Ryan Longwell said "No, Sorry, Brett, we fudged up too." They say Football is a team game, and it was mistakes by a number of people that contributed to the Packers' 17-16 loss to Tampa. But, Packers fans, don't feel too bad, the Packers aren't out of anything yet. noone in the NFC North has more than 1 win.

I feel terrible for Favre and the Pack.

I'm no Cheesehead, but watching them this season has been like watching a train wreck....painful.

My Cardinals are oh-for, so everything with me is pretty much business as usual.

On a better note, both of my fantasy teams are undefeated into month 2 (so that's awesome).

Back in July I ended up with Cadillac Williams and Sean Alexander at RB (I was really mad back then, since I wanted Priest Holmes, Ahman Green or some other "better" backs).

Cadillac, Ben Roethlisberger, Hines Ward, and the Colts Defense are chewing up the other teams in my league. :)

Next week will be rough though, as fully half of my big point scorers are on a "bye" week. I've been scrambling to find descent replacements. If I pick up a loss this season, it will be this coming weekend. :)