Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Nimoy refused to direct Generations ...

I thought that this was interesting:

Q: I heard you were given a chance to be in Star Trek: Generations, but that you refused. Why?

Derek

LN: I was actually asked to direct the picture as well as appear in it. Sadly, I had a difference of opinion regarding the story, and there really wasn't a specific Spock role for me to play, so I had to forego both.

This was one of the transcripts on StarTrek.com with Nimoy.

I think that this movie was not that great and I understand why Nimoy would have objections to the story. It seemed like this movie wanted to try to solve everything at once - or different story arches - and so on.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Stardate:213512.6

I have a completely different view.I thought it was a great movie and is my favorite Star Trek movie of all time.

I heard one of the parts of the movie he didnt like was the way they killed Kirk.

Stardate:213512.6

I have a completely different view.I thought it was a great movie and is my favorite Star Trek movie of all time.

I heard one of the parts of the movie he didnt like was the way they killed Kirk.

Well I disagree. I don’t think that this movie fulfilled the class or level that a *movie* should have. One of the big things of this movie is that it tried to fill in all the gaps and solve all the problems; however, they pact the movie with too many “solutions.” (IMHO)

For why Nimoy did not direct it . . .

Well probably the death was a part of it, but I think most of his disagreements were in the story it self and not primarily in the end of Kirk

(But don’t get me wrong there are things that I like about this movie)

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com