Planning on buying Battlestar Galactica Season 1  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Planning on buying Battlestar Galactica Season 1

• Yes
    • No
    • I would if I hade the money
    • Great show but not planning on buying it
    • I hate the show

It depends if its the old or new BSG...the org i have in a video collection box so i dont see much point buying them again,as for the new show..it will take atleast 1 year before its on dutch tv so i guess i would buy that.

Edited by hangon

It depends if its the old or new BSG...the org i have in a video collection box so i dont see much point buying them again,as for the new show..it will take atleast 1 year before its on dutch tv so i guess i would buy that.

352896[/snapback]

Don't get too excited waiting for the new BG to show on Dutch TV, Hang. The only similarity between the new BG and the old one is the name of the show.

Don't get too excited waiting for the new BG to show on Dutch TV, Hang. The only similarity between the new BG and the old one is the name of the show.

Really?? :nono: ...thats a bummer then cuz i was looking forward to it :dude:

It is certainly more gritty and realistic than the original (and the original was considered gritty and realistic for it's time) but the biggest difference, other than having human Cylons and having the race created by man, is the new series goes into more details. For example, the destruction of the 12 colonies and the gathering of survivors took an hour of screen time in the original, and took a 2-night miniseries in the new version. The visit to Kobol took just about an entire season.

BTW, the next episode centers around Cain of the Battlestar Pegasus. This time Cain is an Admiral who outranks Adama, and is played by the chick who played Ensign Ro!

They just LOVE making all of the beloved characters from the original series women. I suppose Serena will come back as a guy?

Well at least they kept Boxey a guy for the minute and a half of screen time he had.

And given the way he ignores the female Starbuck when she flirts with him and drops sexual inuendo Serena probably will be a guy. :lol:

Edited by Lt. Van Roy

Hey, are they even continuing showing BG?

I live inaustralia, and ever since they showed the first one>

(the series ended the day ROTS showed) I havnt seen the second series yet!

Wat gives?