Sign in to follow this  
APW

I think I have a poltergeist

:hug:

I think the house I just moved into is haunted.

Weird things have been happening.

At night,I'll be laying in bed and I'll hear my sister or nephew call me.Their voices are very clear (but always just a little off in tone).I go and see what they need and they'll be sleeping.It happens a lot.

Also,a day or two ago a dish rag on the edge of the sink tossed itself at my nephews back.The first time he didn't really think too much about it and put it back.But as he was leaving the kitchen,it splatted against his back again.That's when he brought it to me and told me what happened.

This morning,a box of Little Debbie snack cakes flipped out of my reach when I tried to pick up the box.

Later on in the day, a framed picture flipped off it's shelf and shattered against the couch arm. :rolleyes:

It's nothing scary.At least,I don't feel frightened or threatened by it.It's more as if we are being played with.

Odd.

Edited by admiralpeewee

Do you know the history of the house at all?

Discovery had some interesting shows on haunted homes not so long ago.

A poltergeist is not a nice entity to have and can usually be tied to children in their teens.

Is there a teen in the house?

I know nothing about the house.

My nephew is in his teens.A lot of the weird happenings seem to be centered around me,though...and I haven't been a teen in quite a while. :rolleyes:

I know nothing about the house.

My nephew is in his teens.A lot of the weird happenings seem to be centered around me,though...and I haven't been a teen in quite a while. :rolleyes:

352076[/snapback]

If there is a historical society in your town, I would suggest you ask them to do some research for you, or find a time where they may have at least gotten things together so you can research it in your free time.

Seems an odd thing to say but make sure there is a lot of natural light in the house, make it very very clean.

poltergeist eh. we had one at the school once in the music room. every time we actually got into watching a movie for class the tv would turn off and that was every time that everyone started to get quiet and actually watch the movie. it was a pain in the but.

My tv sometimes turns off by itself and changes channels and changes volume. But I think it's because I've had it for 7 years.

Look for a logical explanation first. Is it possible your sister and nephew were simply talking in their sleep or are they just fooling around with you? Think about it for a moment, if the former hadn't occured would you have thought the picture just fell or would you still have accused it of just flipping off?

My sister (the one I take care of) fell in the bathroom last night.Hit her cheek on the rim of the bathtub,and gave herself a pretty good blackeye.

She says she was "pushed",but because of her condition (she is hydrocephalic) she has always had balance issues,soooo....she could have just incorrectly balanced herself getting out of the tub. :laugh:

I'd really hate to think she was pushed by something.

Other than that,nothing further has happened this week.

Edited by admiralpeewee

How's your sister now?

352562[/snapback]

Yeah.

I took her to see the doctor and he gave her some painkillers and told her to be more careful.

She still insists that she was pushed.But says "not by hands"....

I don't know.

Nothing else odd has happened.

Well,I spoke to my neighbor Elsie.

While most of the families in the neighborhood have been here less than 10-years,she has lived here since the early 1950s.

She talked my ear off about the house.And,to tell the truth,scared me a little. :nono:

There was another house here before my own.An older house.Back in the 70s,a young couple lived here.Apparently the husband was abusive (verbally and physically) to his wife.After a few years of getting beaten-up,the woman left the man.He bagan drinking heavily,and eventually committed suicide (shot himself) when he could not convince his wife to return.

The house was empty for a year or two,then burned down (arson) around 1981.

The land lay vacant for a few years,when the man who now owns the home I rent built the house I now live in.He personally lived here in the house for a year before leaving and making it a rental property.

The home has been a rental home for the past twenty years (more or less).It,like the previous home,caught fire about 10-years ago (though was saved from major damage by neighbors who caught the fire early and put it out ahead of the fire department's arrival...again,suspected arson).No one,according to Elsie,ever stays for very long.

I'm not worried about it.

The "forces of evil" should be woried about me.My being a Christian. :dude:

This house is incredibly cheap to rent,compared to other homes in the area of similar size,and I didn't even have to go through the hassel of credit-checks,or even paying a security deposit,etc.I'm not going anywhere.

This house is incredibly cheap to rent,compared to other homes in the area of similar size,and I didn't even have to go through the hassel of credit-checks,or even paying a security deposit,

NOW you know why that is........ :nono:

I had a weird experience yesterday. As many of you know, my son went off to college this year so his room here is empty. When I went to bed the other day, I heard music coming out of his room. I entered and a clock radio was on playing this weird music that you might hear at a military funeral or something. The funny thing is......this clock radio has never been used. When my son was living here, he used another alarm clock which he took with him. I ask my wife if she turned it on and she didn't. Nobody else lives here. The weird music unnerved me a bit so I immediately called my son to see if he was ok. Thankfully he was. I still can't figure out how this clock radio which has never been used managed to turn itself on.

If I had the money, I'd buy the house from you. :nono: I've always wanted to live in a haunted house.

Either that, or an old church.

My tv sometimes turns off by itself and changes channels and changes volume. But I think it's because I've had it for 7 years.

352097[/snapback]

No it cant be that. the tv was brand new.

I had a weird experience yesterday. As many of you know, my son went off to college this year so his room here is empty. When I went to bed the other day, I heard music coming out of his room. I entered and a clock radio was on playing this weird music that you might hear at a military funeral or something. The funny thing is......this clock radio has never been used. When my son was living here, he used another alarm clock which he took with him. I ask my wife if she turned it on and she didn't. Nobody else lives here. The weird music unnerved me a bit so I immediately called my son to see if he was ok. Thankfully he was. I still can't figure out how this clock radio which has never been used managed to turn itself on.

352901[/snapback]

Theyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy're here!!!! :assimilated: :P

Actually, I had things like that happen shortly after my Father died.

The radio in the kitchen would turn on and off while we were sitting at the table [on the other side of the room] eating, the lights would go on and off over the kitchen table but no where else in the room.

I finally just said "ok, I know you're here, now knock it off." And it stopped.

I have had many experiences I have spoken off before.

This story happened the other night.

The house was getting unbelievably hot with the heating on and the fire on in the other room. I was designing something on the computer when I had a sudden feeling of saddness and depression and I became very cold.

I thought it was just a draft, so I went into the other room and decided to call my friend. My parents and my brother were out at the time. We talked. The computer's screensaver came on.

I had my eyes fixed on the computer the whole time. Suddenly, the chair spun round and the mouse started to move. The computer's resume sound could be heard.

I continued to ignore. But then I suddenly felt really cold again. I said,

"If there is a spirit or presence here, please show yourself, but do not harm".

The lights turned on and off repeatedly and the computer chair spun round really fast.

"Now, stop."

There was a third voice on the phone.

Poltergeist is that French for exwife? If it is I had one once

352077[/snapback]

No, it's german for "Noisy ghost"

Polter= noise, noisey

Geist= ghost, spirit

No radio signal was possible. We have no signal in our area because of the tall trees.

I heard a crackling noise. Low at first, but then louder and louder and my friend and I started screaming. As I could make out, it was trying to have a converstion with us.

So, I tried talking to it. I said,

"H- hello, who are you?"

But all it was was:

"Stop doing this"

:P :assimilated:

I spent all night trying to figure out what the "this is". We've been doing a lot of alterations to the house in the past month, and this can disturb the spirits. There are spirits all around us, some are quiet and some can be evil.

*Asks her dad* 40+ years old. I live in a very quiet street which have lots of big victorian houses round which are said to be haunted themselves. And at the top is a funeral servies building. :assimilated: