Sign in to follow this  
Stelfan

One of the best thing about Star Trek..

I think that what makes Star Trek so much better then other shows is that it just keeps getting better and better everytime you watch, at least for me. I just rewatched Generations, and it was great! Much better then the last time, and I have seen it about 4 times already.

Star Trek will never die, it will keep on growing on me even if they don't make any more shows after ENT.

IMO it depends on when and where you watch it. For example the best time to watch STTMP is late at night in the dark with a lot of time on your hands and you should be in a relaxed mood.

Well, in my opinion, the best thing about Trek is the endless possibilities for story telling. You can do lots of spin-offs and movies and never run out of stories to tell with a crew set on a starship in the future where humanity has united to explore the cosmos. That is what I feel is the best thing about Trek. B)

Well, in my opinion, the best thing about Trek is the endless possibilities for story telling.  You can do lots of spin-offs and movies and never run out of stories to tell with a crew set on a starship in the future where humanity has united to explore the cosmos.  That is what I feel is the best thing about Trek. :wacko:

I agree. Another thing about Trek is that in all likelyhood, it could really happen. For Example. TNG takes place in the 23rd Century, roughly 250 years from now. Think about the advances in technology from 1753, 250 years ago, to now. Its amazing. That's just what I think...makes it better than Star Wars in that aspect, IMO. Not saying anything about Star Wars...I have the trilogy on VHS and Episodes I and II on DVD, so I like both. Just like Trek better B)

These things happen lol...i try my best, but sometimes it just doesn't work out..never was good with numbers B)

Stardate:213512.2

The thing I like about Star Trek is the technology.You look at it and say "Wow I wish I had that!"but in maybe 200-250 years we could be saying "Oh look I do have this!!!"

The technology, the hability that anything is possible, the dream that man kind can be better...

We got a world and a vision, and now, in this context, a lot of possibility...

It's A OK.  I just tend to get obsessed when it comes to chronology! :wacko:

understatmeant at best. B)

Star Trek rocks for me, due to it's fantasy aspect..to be sailing the stars, creating holograms etc ertc..just amazes me that one day maybe the human race will be exploring space and beyond.

The short story; I like how it is set so far in the future and away from Earth yet metaphorically mirrors everyday things.

Actually, TNG was in the 24th century.  Here's the time setting of each series:

TOS - 2266-69

TNG - 2364-70

DS9 - 2369-75

VOY - 2371-77

ENT - 2151-53 (still going)

!!!

Y'all have already pretty much said how I feel about Trek.

I would like to add one thing though. I love seeing the "fantasy" technology become reality. Just to name a few: Hyposprays are used by medical teams in underdeveloped countries, the millitary uses types of scanners to detect chemical agents, and let's not forget the communicators (cell phones). I remember a time when a phone was a thing that was ALWAYS connected to the wall by a cord. (Yes, I grew up with the dinosaurs.) We now have the beginnings of a transporter. An Aussie research teams has successfully transported a laser beam. Next stop, matter. I can't wait !

The short story; I like how it is set so far in the future and away from Earth yet metaphorically mirrors everyday things.

You said a mouthful......For this is what keeps me invested in Star Trek. :)