Sign in to follow this  
master_q

1812 Overture

1812 Overture

A fireworks show would not be the same without Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture. When I first listened to some of Tchaikovsky’s pieces of music I never cared for them as much as Bach for example . . . . However, the more and more I listened the more I liked his works

For what ever reason the 1812 overture is connected with the Fourth of July, but the ironic thing is, is that it has nothing to do with America and in fact the 1812 overture is about Russia and the retreat Napoleon’s armies from Moscow.

As I’m listening to the 1812 overture right now there is no doubt in my mind that it is one of the best musical pieces . . .

--------------------------------------------------

One time I asked as a trivia question on a Tchaikovsky piece:

When VOY was traveling through an area of space inspectors were hunting down telepaths. The main inspector always played a piece from Tchaikovsky. He said that out of all of the music in VOY’s database Tchaikovsky was his favorite.

What is the name of that piece?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Symphony No. 4 in F Minor, Op. 36: Andantino in modo di canzona

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I have always loved that piece of music!

Also, It was part of an act in Cirque du Soleil, one of the clowns was portraying a conductor...It is hysterical!

I watched the 4th of July celebration from Washington, DC on TV yesterday. The show ended with a huge fireworks display while a symphony orchestra played the 1812 Overture. Hearing that, and seeing the fireworks go off over the White House, the Lincoln Memorial and the Washington Memorial made for a very memorable show. I wish I would have fired up my DVR and recorded it!

I love the 1812 overture. But I had to put the volume down before I ventured in here. :wacko: Then I was disappointed it wasn't a musical thread. B)

:blink: :o B) That's OK Lollypop, thought I was going to hear it too. My Cell Phone plays 1812 when it rings, had it put that way cause everytime it rings everyone goes running for it. It is comical (guess that's how it's spelled) funny, to watch 4 people run for a little bitty phone to see who will answer it first. :wacko:

I've always loved Tchaikovsky’s music. I grew up on Swan Lake, Nutcracker, and Sleeping Beauty.