Sign in to follow this  
bluescreen1

Processors

What would you guys say is the best processor on the market at the moment and what is the best manufacturer of computers in general?

351773[/snapback]

I can't answer either question for you because 1) I don't know which processor is best and 2) I don't think there is an answer to your second question. I have a 4 year old Dell that is great. Before that I had a Compaq and I hated it. You can probably find many people who have the same experience as I had and an equal number who experienced the opposite. I think you just need to make sure the computer you buy fits your requirements, is upgradeable and know what the return policy is in case you don't like it.

Of course I'm not that hardward saavy so I'm sure you'll get a better response from someone else here who is.

My personal favorite for computers are ASUS... or, get a custom built one (as i did) Or, if your doing gaming, spend the big bucks and get an alienware computer.

Best Desktop PC Processor of 2004

Jim McGregor -    {01/24/2005}

The key innovation in the desktop market continues to be a focus on performance. In 2004, AMD, IBM, and Intel all looked to attract performance-conscious consumers with derivatives of their server processors. AMD and IBM offered versions of their 64-bit Opteron and Power4 server processors in the Athlon 64 FX and PowerPC 970FX, respectively. Intel, on the other hand, offered both the Pentium 4 Extreme Edition, a desktop version of its Xeon server processor, and an enhanced Pentium 4 based on the new Prescott core. Both processors feature Intel’s HyperThreading technology. In the end, however, AMD won the performance crown and is well positioned for the dual-core battle beginning in 2005.

Microprocessor Report readers can access the full story (3 pages; 2 graphics) here: www.mdronline.com/mpr/h/2005/0124/190402.html. To find out more about Microprocessor Report, please visit: www.mdronline.com.

I have no idea which is the best but this is the heart of my computer...

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 531 met HT-technologie 3.2GHz, 1MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB. :nono: