Sign in to follow this  
Sgt. Phaserman

A Marine returns to his hometown

Well, folks, I've returned to my home town, this time with wife and daughter in tow. As many of you know, about 6 months ago, I was badly injured in an accident while serving my country in Afghanistan. While I have now regained much of my ability to walk, and with rehab, will be able to sustain a run within about another month, I had to make a choice. I could stay in the Marine Corps, but find a new MOS, since the doctors really don't think they could clear me for any direct combattant role, or I could leave the Corps and persue a career in civilian life. I came to the decision to leave, based one two things: One, my initial enlistment is up next month anyways, and two, being Infantry, as funny as this may sound, is what I really wanted to do in the Marines. So, I'm on terminal leave now, and looking for a job that pays decent around my home town, and looking for a house. I'm back, though.

Welcome home Sarge....and THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for your service to our country.

Sarge, thank you for all the sacrifices you've made to help the American people and people all over the world.

I hope your transition to civilian life goes well and your rehabbing goals are right on target! Best wishes you to and your family, Sir!