Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

Deanna Troi Uniform

Has there ever been a good reason why Troi went from wearing what Looked like PJ's to a Standard Starfleet Uniform, I think I liked her alot more when she started to dress like a Starfleet officr, but I cant remember if a reason was given(maybe its my age and my mind starting to go)

Before the series started, Roddenberry and the cast were making the talk show rounds to promote the show. At one point, I distinctly remember either Roddenberry or Sirtis saying that the position of councelor is an independent contracter and not a member of Starfleet. This apparently was forgotten years later when she started wearing the uniform and taking command shifts.

Captain Gellico made her once. He wanted her to dress in something more appropriate or something like that.

Well it did lok better then the Hoochie outfits she was wearing, if your sitting next to the Captain on the bridge, IMO you need to be in a Starfleet Uniform

Jellico said: "I prefer a sort of relaxed attitude on the bridge. I'd really prefer it if you would wear a bikini while you are on duty".

Troi said: "Erm, no I don't think so. My boyfriend Worf and my other boyfriend Riker will have a problem with that".

Jellico said: "Fair enough, you can wear your uniform, but you ain't gettin' a promotion to Commander".

LMAO. So it's spelled with a J. I always spell names wrong. Deanna would have been better off with Worf IMO :(

Before the series started, Roddenberry and the cast were making the talk show rounds to promote the show. At one point, I distinctly remember either Roddenberry or Sirtis saying that the position of councelor is an independent contracter and not a member of Starfleet. This apparently was forgotten years later when she started wearing the uniform and taking command shifts.

351072[/snapback]

They must have changed their minds before shooting the pilot because Troi was wearing a uniform with rank pips indicating her rank of lieutenant commander in Encounter at Farpoint. Troi in EAF

They must have changed their minds before shooting the pilot because Troi was wearing a uniform with rank pips indicating her rank of lieutenant commander in Encounter at Farpoint. Troi in EAF

Good point! I had forgotten about that!

I loved that episode when Gellico made Deanna put on a uniform. That was one of the best scenes in the whole thing. My thought was, "It's about time someone said something to her about her attire."

Plus, Sirtis looked a lot better in the Starfleet uniform than she ever did in those other outfits she was parading around in. Most of them really made her look pudgy ... I wonder if her weight really fluctuated all that much or if certain outfits just made her look heavy? One episode she'd appear very thin and then the next one she would look rather voluptuous. I could never figure out which she was!