Sign in to follow this  
MANVERU

How many Androids did he make?

It was said that he made like 2 more before Lore but they were unstable and died. I think it was their positronic nets.

Just wondering, How many droids do you guys thing Soong created besides Data and Lore?

350688[/snapback]

As many as any given plot requires. :(

Just wondering, How many droids do you guys thing Soong created besides Data and Lore?

350688[/snapback]

In Inheritance, Data's mom said there were three failed androids... then Lore & Data. True, from what we can tell B4 is one of those three (though there has been some debate on that, LOL :( )

Then there is also Juliana O'Donnell Soong Tainer (Data's mom). An android was created for her after she was injured during the escape from teh Crystalline Entity (her memories were transferred just prior to her death).

The short story "Twilight's Wrath" in "Tales of The Dominion War", though non canon, indicates that the Romulans actually built B-4.

That story really is excellent, if it had been included in some way in Nemesis, it would have been much better. Really establishes Shinzon's backstory.

I have another theory regarding B4. Geordi said in Nemesis that B4 was probably a prototype. I would submit for discussion that B4 was created after the android Juliana but his programming was not completed before Dr. Soong's death. In Brothers there are android parts visible (gold feet on a table for example) so it logical to surmise that Dr. Soong was still working on creating another android. Being created after Juliana would also explain why B4 looked different from Data and Lore. Dr. Soong would have had to make a new "mold" for B4 because the one he used for Data, Lore and the prototypes had been left on Omicron Theta.

"Warning, Warning, Warning!" "Danger, Will Robinson!"

If Robby the Robot could be related, how about the Robot from Lost in Space - TV series version? I always like him!

I also agree with the answer - as many as the plot requires.

I have another theory regarding B4. Geordi said in Nemesis that B4 was probably a prototype. I would submit for discussion that B4 was created after the android Juliana but his programming was not completed before Dr. Soong's death. In Brothers there are android parts visible (gold feet on a table for example) so it logical to surmise that Dr. Soong was still working on creating another android. Being created after Juliana would also explain why B4 looked different from Data and Lore. Dr. Soong would have had to make a new "mold" for B4 because the one he used for Data, Lore and the prototypes had been left on Omicron Theta.

351893[/snapback]

You know, that is a good theory.. next time Brothers is on I am going to check that out. And that would also possibly explain why he had the redundancy port on his neck that his brother did not have (though the Romulans may have added that)

351893[/snapback]

You know, that is a good theory.. next time Brothers is on I am going to check that out. And that would also possibly explain why he had the redundancy port on his neck that his brother did not have (though the Romulans may have added that)

351989[/snapback]

I've got a screenshot of it now. When Data first arrives in Dr. Soong's home the camera goes from him over to the lower portion of a person standing on a ladder. This is on a table that is shown when the camera pans right:

Click For Spoiler
Edited by Takara_Soong

Dat was unique.

Oh hold on, there's another one - Lore.

Oh hold on, there's another one - Data's ma, Juliana.

Oh hold on - there's another one - B4.

I mean, COME ON! Push it why dont they.

I would not be surprised if there were actually a million made, off a production line, and more will turn up in old attics and Runabout Trunk sales all over the galaxy... how much for the android? oh this old thing, well... it has a built in dvd player...

Edited by prometheus

Besides the ones that we know of - I doubt there were any more, at least not any nearly as sophisticated as Data, Lore and Juliana.

Besides the ones that we know of - I doubt there were any more, at least not any nearly as sophisticated as Data, Lore and Juliana

I bet there were plenty of earlier models though. In fact, I believe the robot from Lost In Space and Robbie The Robot both have labels attached to them that read.........."Manufactured By Soong"....... :veryangry:

In Nemesis, the Remans (Romulans?) imply they found B4 and added to him. Though non-canon, a novel implying that they actually made him would seem to contradict what is said in the film.

There were six... Juliana, Data, Lore, and three prototypes, including B-4.

As for B-4 and the Romulans, my theory is that they didn't "find" him, but rather stole him.