Sign in to follow this  
jadziaezri

Why do all ex star trek actors wear uniforms?

]Greeting fellow treksters, this is my first starting of a topic... Any way on to business...

I have noticed in all the TNG and beyond series (I'm not so sure about enterprise I am not a massive fan) that when an ex-star comes on and cameos that they are wearing their starfleet uniforms. Think about it, Worf in the TNG movies (he is ambasador by 9), Wesley in the 10th movie. These are the main ones anymore plz tell me I look foward to the debate.

Edited by jadziaezri

Wesley is in Nemisis for a BRIEF (and i mean small) period of time at Wil and Deanna's wedding. He is sitting on the end of the table

Wesley is in Nemisis for a BRIEF (and i mean small) period of time at Wil and Deanna's wedding. He is sitting on the end of the table

350327[/snapback]

You mean Wes was kicked off Mount Olympus?

Or did Gene R. have him lording over some other all-powerful dimension?

Or did Gene R. have him lording over some other all-powerful dimension?

Wesley was indeed lording over some other dimension but they quickly became so annoyed with him they sent him packing back to our dimension........ :naughty:

350327[/snapback]

So brief that It took me half a dozen viewings to realize he was there. And even then, for the most part he's cut in half by the screen. :naughty:

Anyway, as for the topic, usually it's probably because they're still Starfleet officers, so wearing a uniform would be normal. As for Worf wearing a Starfleet uniform when he's the ambassador, I haven't a clue. Same with Wesley, I thought he left Starfleet entirely.

Are we to assume that when Worf became the amabassador to the Klingon Empire that he resigned his commission in Starfleet? Or can you be a Starfleet officer and the ambassador to an non-Federation planet at the same time?

Don't get me started on Worf. I could spit nails when I think of what was done to his character for Nemesis. Just so he could fit in with the TNG crowd they completely eliminated/ignored his character's development from DS9.

Anyway, what WAS Wesley doing in a Starfleet Uniform? He never graduated from the Academy, did he? I thought he dropped out to wander the galaxy like Kung Fu with that weirdo Traveler guy.

Spock was an ambassador and he wore his uniform at times. I think the uniform wwearing is just simply because it denotes whereever they are within the company (even if wesley did drop out like the useless waster he really is!

What I've heard on Wesley and Worf is this: There were supposed to be scenes where 1. Picard tells Wesley "It's good to see you back in uniform" which leads me to believe Wesley came back and finished up at the Academy, OR rejoined Starfleet during the Dominion War and was granted a Commission.

Also, Worf was supposed to tell Riker I think that the Ambassador's life wasn't for him, so he resigned his Ambassadorship to return to Starfleet.

]I have noticed in all the TNG and beyond series (I'm not so sure about enterprise I am not a massive fan) that when an ex-star comes on and cameos that they are wearing their starfleet uniforms.  Think about it, Worf in the TNG movies (he is ambasador by 9), Wesley in the 10th movie.  These are the main ones anymore plz tell me I look foward to the debate.

350311[/snapback]

Spock (Unification) and Scotty (Relics) weren't wearing Starfleet uniforms when they appeared in TNG.

As for Insurrection, your timeline is off. Worf was still in Starfleet when it is set. In Nemesis, the script said Worf returned to Starfleet because he didn't like being an ambassador (I'm paraphrasing there).

As for Wesley, people seem to forget that 10 years passed between when he left with the Traveller and Nemesis. Maybe Wes just got tired of travelling.

well if we assume that the Feds are like todays US military... even if your retired or on a leave of absence, its not like you cant wear your uniform to dress functions or funerals..