Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wishfire

Unofficial convention

I'm considering trying to put together a small unofficial convention. More along the lines of a STF.net convention than an actual Trek convention. Just an opportunity for local fans and members of this board to get together and meet, and hang out and have fun. Of course, do to limited resources, it would only be available to members within the Southern California area, like San Diego and Los Angeles. Unless, of course, members from other areas can get down here.

Know that this isn't actually scheduled to happen yet, I'm just interrested in trying to put it together. The problem is, I have little idea what exactly to do, or how much it would cost. If anyone could help me out with ideas and roundabout figures, I will work toward making it happen. Other members are, of course, welcome to help out as well. But right now, I need more ideas than anything else.

The reason I'm considering this is that I'd like to meet other members here. To be able to put faces and voices to user names would be wonderful, and I hope that others would like to meet me.

At this point, it's nothing more than Idea. If anyone could help out with helpful tips, I'd love to hear them.

Also, if the Admin or Mods decide that this subject is inappropriate, or violates any rule, then please delete it. I don't wish to cause trouble.

That'd be pretty cool... sadly, i live about 2500-300 miles away.

349853[/snapback]

East coast, huh? :dude: Great place to be. :dude:

My apologies. If you're that far north, you're way north! :dude: It's got to be getting cold there already. (I used to live in Massachusetts. At this time of the year, we were lucky if we had another month of nice warm weather. Chances are, we only had a couple weeks.)

According to the map, you're nowhere near the coast. You're at least 500 miles inland. But no matter. If I can get this thing up and running, you would be more than welcome. Anyone here at STF.net is welcome. :dude:

Summer time in San Diego? - How about Balboa Park for starters? And I'm sure out-of-towners would love the beach. You could even have a Trek sand castle contest.

Contact local eateries (spaghetti places are good). Some have separate dining areas.

We always doubled up on hotel rooms but that's a personal choice.

Unfortunately I can't drive there from Missouri. If you do have your mmini-con be sure to post snapshots!