Riker Q

Should Riker have kept Q power  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Should Riker have kept Q power

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Know

Well I believe he should have kept it it could have saved Data in Nemesis

No. As others have said, absolute power corrupts.

If he kept the power he would wield it , and eventually without restraint. He would become as cruel and arbitrary as the rest of the Q.

Eventually all his human friends would have to avoid him, in order to not become the victim of a whim, and he would experience loneliness as no Q before him had felt...because he had once known caring, love, friendship...human intimacy.

I think he should have kept them. they would most definitely helped starfleet. Especially when the Borg attacked, or when Voyager and Equinox disappeared in the Delta Quadrant. Also when the Dominion came in, he could have used the powers.

he most should definetly not have! thats outrageous even to think of it! i mean, the Q would just use him and then he would be stuck, i'm betting, WITHOUT POWERS. After the Q learned everything.

Check My Signature Out!

I say yes, he should have.

1) Q is easily the most powerful being in the universe and is potentially a threat. We need to learn as much about them as possible and having Riker be a Q would be good for that (assuming he remained uncorrupted)

2) It would have been good to see Riker learn to use his Q powers and eventually do battle with Q.

Of course Riker could no longer be a regular character, but it would have been interesting.

No, because then that would have made Q right about him and humanity. The Continuem might have obliterated humanity right there ahd then, plus I'd just hate to see Q be right about us.

:assimilated: There is an old axiom that has relevance here:  absolute power corrupts absolutely

That's getting a little old, it's been brought up about 50 times already. :assimilated:

I think that it would kinda suck to be a Q ya a first fun fun fun but later....

its like cheating in a video game its just no fun