Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

Why isLiar liar on SciFi Channel

So somebody tell me why its on Scifi tonight, when i think Scifi movies i dont think jim Carrey, actually Bruce Allmighty is more Sci Fi then Liar Liar IMO

yeah but the wish of the kid is for his father to be to be more honest right, so that could loosely be defined as fantasy, which sci-fi seems to have a mandate to show.

they also have in the past shown Batman, which isnt really scifi either, the other Superheroes, yeah, but Batman isnt like the other superhereos, hes not an alien or has extrordinay powers

I think Sci fi has this mandate t show stuff that could either be classified as sci fi or fantasy. I think its the old stereotype that any sci fi geek worth their weight will be a fantasy geek too. Though they may need their definitions of fantasy looked at, cause it does seem a little loose. As for batman, it sorta has always seemed sorta retro pastiche on the old 1920's prohibition era crime, with a futureistic bent thrown in, so it in that definition works for sci fi as well as mainstream cable and saelitte broadcast, I guess.

not to mention the same people who own the Scifi-Channel own the USA Network as well, they are the same company. So they have the same movie library. They just eventually use a USA movie because they have it IMO.

The Sci-fi channel has also shown those horrible Flintstones movies...

What was up with that?

I actually prefer the way Sci-Fi channel used to be when it first debuted on cable.

They used to show some awesome movies.Now we get a steady diet of "B" movie-of-the-week (actually considering some of the films I've watched on Sci-Fi,I think I just insulted B movies).

:tribble: Could be considered Sci-Fi,what with his utility belt and crime-fighting gadgets,IMO.

I remember Sci-fi channel used to have Horror movies on all of the time when they first started, those were the good ol' days. :tribble:

"The Man With The Screaming Brain" is coming on Sci-fi September 10 at 9pm! It's written, directed and stars Bruce Campbell. Fans of his know that he has been working on this movie for a long time so it's good that it's finally coming

"The Man With The Screaming Brain" is coming on Sci-fi September 10 at 9pm! It's written, directed and stars Bruce Campbell. Fans of his know that he has been working on this movie for a long time so it's good that it's finally coming

(Gamera)

I've heard Bruce Campbell proposed a multi-studio blockbuster film.

"Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Ash"

In which his Evil Dead/Army of Darkness character Ash,would go Chainsaw-hand to knife-tipped glove to machette swinging fist against Jason Vorhees and Fred Krueger,in a sequal to Freddy Vs. Jason.

He was turned down.Too bad.

I would have liked to see Ash kick their butts.

I've heard Bruce Campbell proposed a multi-studio blockbuster film.

"Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Ash"

349467[/snapback]

Not Ash Ketchum from Pokémon!! "Gotta catch them...OH SWEET JESUS HE PUT A KNIFE INTO MY HEAD!!!"

for those that don't know, the Ash Peewee is talking about is Ash from the Evil Dead trilogy starring Bruce Campbell as Ash.

The names of the movies are

Evil Dead

Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn

Army of Darkness

AOD comes on the Sci-Fi Channel all of the time. They are doing a remake of the Evil Dead right now that comes out next year. I highly recommend seeing these movies if you haven't already, very good films directed by Sam Raimi, the director of the Spider-Man films