Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Is Stargate getting edgier?

SG1 has certainly taken on the "el numero uno" of hot topics this season. If you've watched it you know what I mean. I did think Daniel's question tonight though as to "why" the Ori wanted people to worship them was interesting. Indeed, why? I hope we find the answer to that this season.

And I think this was about the first time we saw real "baggage" from someone's personal life (Landry and Lam).

Atlantis was little less edgy, with only references to the death penalty. But we did see more than usual - the reality that Atlantis is a international team when Teyla asked Sheppard if people of his world executed their criminals. McKay looked derisively at Sheppard and said "well some of them do". Of course, politics aside they manage to get along and save one anothers lives. Not a particularly inventive episode but the leader of the "bad guys" sure knew what to say to McKay. Somehow the ending didn't just convey the horror I think it intended - maybe because the guy had it coming. As always, I'll get more insight from the rewatch.

I'm watching tonight's episodes right now, but I do think it's getting a bit edgier. Both SG1 and SG:A are absolutely great this season. I keep trying to find the time to come back to StarGateFans.net so I can talk about it more :rolleyes: .

Yes, I wish more would come to SGF - there's some real meat for discussion this season.

On the lighter side - I rewatched Condemned - Rodney's off topic about his aunt looking like Margaret Thatcher. :rolleyes: