Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Enterprise Theme Helps Space Shuttle Discovery

Astronauts on the current space shuttle mission, who are working to repair damage during takeoff which poses a risk to the shuttle on reentry, were awoken this morning to strains of the Enterprise theme song.

The crew began the day waking up at 10:09 p.m. CDT to 'Where My Heart Will Take Me,'" reported SpaceRef.com, which added that the song, composed by Dennis McCarthy, was chosen as a surprise dedication from Deputy Shuttle Program Manager Wayne Hale.

Repair work yesterday went smoothly, said CNN, which quoted Discovery astronaut Steve Robinson as saying, "It looks like this big patient is cured," he said. Robinson had gone on a spacewalk to remove protruding material from the shuttle's underside, assisted by Japanese astronaut Soichi Noguchi.

The main web page about the shuttle's missions at NASA features introductions and informational videos recorded by Scott Bakula (Captain Archer).

Meanwhile, the new head of NASA, Mike Griffin, told Florida Today that he did not want to discuss his emotions on taking over the troubled space agency. "I don't do feelings. Just think of me as Spock," he joked.

cool :laugh: