Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Merge "Off Topic" and "Ten Forward"?

Should I merge "Off Topic" with Ten Forward?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should I merge "Off Topic" with Ten Forward?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care either way

It has been pointed out to me that we have 2 "off topic" boards, this one and the Ten Forward board. I didn't intend to have 2 boards that have the same function but that's what we have.

I can merge the 2 into one board by moving all of these threads into the Ten Forward board or I can keep things as they are. Before making a major move like that I wanted to ask everyone what you would rather I do, so go ahead and vote. I'll keep the poll going for a couple days and then go with the majority vote.

Also some additions have been suggested to me and I'll be adding at least one more board, maybe a couple. So factor this into your vote, the more boards we have the better things can be, but at the same time the more boards we have the more overwhelming it can be too.

I don't think that they should be merged. Ten Forward is like the 'anything goes, whatever you want to say Star Trek' board, where as Off Topic is the 'anything goes whatever you want to say non-Star Trek' board. Having the two boards is a nice way to seperate fact and fiction. That's my opinion anyway.

After doing a side-by-side comparison of the two different boards I vote no.

For the most part, there is a distinct difference in the kinds of posts that are made on each board respectively with a few exceptions that could be easily moved.

Maybe just change the description of Ten-Forward to be discussion of Star-Trek related topics that don't fit into the other categories, such as a general discussion of the Borg. Then your other off-topic section could be discussions about anything at all. That works for me.

I too have thought of them as one being off topic Trek-related and this one as off topic non-Trek. I would like to see them kept separate.

Like I said in my suggestions we should at least some kind of differentiation between them. But I think its ok to have both boards, but we do need differentiation between them.

But one thing I think we should do to condenses the board just a little bit is . . .

Condense

--New Members--

This is an area for "New Ensigns" to say hello to the forum.

&

--Who are you and where are you from?--

This is the place to share anything about yourself that you'd care to.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

The Ten Forward section seems to be a good place for miscellaneous Trek discussions, and Off Topic rarely even mentions Trek at all. So I do not think it is really necessary to combine them.

I don't think that they should be merged. Ten Forward is like the 'anything goes, whatever you want to say Star Trek' board, where as Off Topic is the 'anything goes whatever you want to say non-Star Trek' board. Having the two boards is a nice way to seperate fact and fiction. That's my opinion anyway.

agreed

Guest Guest

I agree with the Tank.

VC

I look at the two boards and found that they are not the same. They may look like the same cat, but they are very different. Ten-Forward is about miscellaneous info on Star Trek. Off-Topic is anything that is not Star Trek related. If the boards do merge it would be too much info to sort out on one board.

Edited by Odie

i dont think we should merge them. they are different, and besides its not like its making a problem or anything.

Why are people posting on a year old thread? I'm pretty sure the decission was to leave "Ten-Forward" and "Off Topic" seperate forums, which by the way, are not the same thing. "Ten-Forward" is for general Trek topics, where as "Off Topic" is for virtually anything. Why do people think they are the same? :o