Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

EGYPTIAN-AMERICAN ARTIFACTS

I thought since Madam Butterfly is on vacation this week, I would pick up the slack and post this facinating article:

Egyptian-American Artifacts

Historian Glenn Kimball provided updates of his research into ancient manuscripts as well as artifacts found in burial mounds in Southern Illinois (known as "Little Egypt") that may show North America was visited by overseas travelers thousands of years before Columbus set sail.

According to Kimball, the Mississippi Valley is home to over 10,000 burial mounds, which contrary to widely held academic opinion were not all left behind by Native Americans. Black market relics found in the region, he explained, depict pharaohs, Moorish sailors, Christ on the cross, Jewish warriors, and Roman military imagery. Further, runes from artifacts found in Illinois, Michigan, California and Utah talk about migrations of people from the Middle East, Kimball said.

Kimball is currently working on gaining permission to dig in an area of Illinois where ground-penetrating radar has shown several chambers exist along a 1500 foot underground corridor. He also discussed Atlantis, modern-day Mayans, 9 1/2 foot tall giants of the Yucatan, and the Bee Bible, which he reported has been used by the Chinese for 2,000 years.

I saw a special several years ago where they have documented the existence of cocaine in Egyptian mummies. They did rigorous testing to determine if any other means rather than direct contact with South America could account for that. The answer was no - although you seldom hear much about this.

I find this fascinating for several reasons but I don't know much about Kimball - including a discussion of Atlantis may lessen the credibility of the research. :biggrin: