Sign in to follow this  
mj

Is it nearing time to change the spoiler policy?

Now that Season 4 Of Enterprise has been seen by many members through Sky One, are there any more members or groups of members who would need the spoiler policy maintained in the Enterprise Forum?

mj

yes, me. I haven't seen Enterprise in it's entire run because I don't have UPN or any other channel that carries it. The only way I can watch the show is only now by buying the DVDS. I have seen the entire first season, and I'm only now starting to watch the second season, haven't seen any of the third or fourth season.

Yes and No, Yes beacuse i havent seen much of season 3 or 4, No because i dont visit the Enterprise forum that much.

yes, me. I haven't seen Enterprise in it's entire run because I don't have UPN or any other channel that carries it. The only way I can watch the show is only now by buying the DVDS. I have seen the entire first season, and I'm only now starting to watch the second season, haven't seen any of the third or fourth season.

344126[/snapback]

Thanks for the replies. The policy will continue for the time being.

I haven't seen season 3 yet. (I didn't start watching Enterprise until season 4. I know have seasons 1 and 2 on DVD.)

I haven't seen season 3 yet. (I didn't start watching Enterprise until season 4. I know have seasons 1 and 2 on DVD.)

347133[/snapback]

Again, the spoiler policy will remain in place for a while longer. Thanks for the info.

Now that Gamera has seen all of Enterprise, I will again ask the question:

should the spoiler policy be continued? Current policy is that the spoiler should be used in discussing plot details of Enterprise Episodes. I have actually allowed threads to proceed without spoilers if there is a strong spoiler warning in the thread title.

The question: does anyone feel the need to continue using spoilers within the threads? If no to this, do you feel there is still a need for spoiiler warnings at the start of threads?

I would particularly appreciate hearing from those who were trying to see one or two seasons of Enterprise when it was decided to continue the spoiler policy.

Have you seen the seasons you mentioned at that time?

I believe it should stop since the complete series is now on DVD.

Does the spoiler policy negatively affect the board? Even if most have seen all seasons I don't think there's a real need to remove the spoilers, there's always guests and new members viewing these pages some of which may not have seen as much as others. With the spoilers everything's just a single click away, it's not that much effort to view them and it keeps the threads compact.

Does the spoiler policy negatively affect the board? Even if most have seen all seasons I don't think there's a real need to remove the spoilers, there's always guests and new members viewing these pages some of which may not have seen as much as others. With the spoilers everything's just a single click away, it's not that much effort to view them and it keeps the threads compact.

One of the problems with the spoiler feature is actually technical. With each upgrade to the board VBG has to tinker with the spoiler feature and things put in spoilers prior to an upgrade can't be seen after the upgrade (this most recent upgrade seems to be the exception). For example, most of the posts made in the Enterprise review subforum for season 3 episodes are unreadable for that reason (there are a couple of exceptions because I edited out the older spoiler code and put new spoiler code in a couple of threads when UPN ran the fan favourites poll).

Personally, I believe that since all original Enterprise episodes have aired in the US, Canada and Britain (where the majority of our members are located) and all four seasons are out on DVD in those markets as well that there is no reason to continue with the spoiler policy.

Edited by Takara_Soong