Sign in to follow this  
Mike

The Trek Life

Sorry... I made a mistake. They posted the comic later then normal. I will post the comic once an error goes away on the site that I am reciving...

Edited by Capt_Picard

I'm not sure that I agree Capt. On the main page it does look like there is a new episode today. But I get a server error or something when I try to open it..I'm going to to keep an eye on it and try later..

I'm not sure that I agree Capt. On the main page it does look like there is a new episode today. But I get a server error or something when I try to open it..I'm going to to keep an eye on it and try later..

I just saw that too and got the same error message. If the production team is gone, who's updating the site??? :laugh:

Watch This Space!

Hello, my friends... well, you may have noticed some changes over at Startrek.com... without going into anything, The Trek Life is currently on hold, but not necessarily gone forever. Keep your eye out here for news regarding it as soon as I have some news to relay! Also, WATCH THIS SPACE! There is something new and exciting coming, and I am eager to tell you about it... let's just say, a new comic fix is forthcoming! And I want you all along for the ride!

Also coming are some new updates, a new section or two in the coming future, and lots more fun here at DRStudio.

Excelsior!

David ;-)

http://www.davidreddickstudio.com

The Star Trek Magazine also runs the "Trek Life " comic. I wonder if it will stop there too? Oh well, I guess I'm going to have to rescue Kate again and set her up in an apartment ...........

Hey, gang!

Kor, let me just say how much I enjoy your Kate fixation, heh heh - she says hi, btw.

The Trek Life will indeed continue in the magazine. I'm still working on the site. No word yet, but trying to stay hopeful. Maybe even some comic book possibilities, and even reprint possibilities in the future. Working on that too.

Look for TL to update tomorrow, the final "new" episode, to wrap up the "'Twas the Night" series, on my own Web site.

And, I'll be posting some news on my Web site about a new webcomic I'll be doing (and have been working on) that will start in January, for a very respected Trek connection. I think you'll all enjoy it, and I invite you along for the ride (and support and commentary!)

Thanks all of you for your wonderful comments and always gathering to read The Trek Life every week the way you have for so long. I confess, I've been secretly sneaking in and reading your comments here, and at Imagination Island, for a very long time. As I told Indy, Daniel and SpaceTigger, I've even made a few modifications based on some of your comments! So, like I've mentioned to a few others here before, I've had my own top-secret "editing team" right here with all of you. You're the best. Thanks so much for your support and enthusiasm.

Will be in touch about The Trek Life, and my other project(s) forthcoming ... and until then - Keep livin' The Trek Life my friends, and Merry Christmas to every one of you.

Your friend in Trek,

David

www.davidreddickstudio.com

Edited by Trektoonist

:lol: WOW! *pisses self* You're welcome and thank you!

that was pretty much my response! Thank you for the comic strip!

When Kor reads this he is going to flip. However, from reading your post, oh mighty creator, it sounds like you are going to end "The Trek Life".

Did I miss something??? May I just say something... *begs* Don't let it end!!!!!

What wonderful comments from the creator of the strip itself! I'm glad that the strip will continue in the magazine (which I subscribe to and coincidently just came in the mail today!). I certainly hope that the powers that be at StarTrek.com decide to keep running the strip as well. In the meantime , I look forward to following the strip on www.davidreddickstudio.com. Or better yet, I hope that Capt_Picard continues to post the strip here from the website so we can all enjoy and comment on.

What wonderful comments from the creator of the strip itself! I'm glad that the strip will continue in the magazine (which I subscribe to and coincidently just came in the mail today!). I certainly hope that the powers that be at StarTrek.com decide to keep running the strip as well. In the meantime , I look forward to following the strip on www.davidreddickstudio.com. Or better yet, I hope that Capt_Picard continues to post the strip here from the website so we can all enjoy and comment on.

You DID notice that he mentioned you by name?

I got my copy three days ago.

Was your mailman reading yours? :lol:

You DID notice that he mentioned you by name?

I got my copy three days ago.

Was your mailman reading yours? :lol:

Well, if he did, he did a great job sealing it back up in the plastic bag.

BTW, I was just reading the latest Trek comic books and they also had a "The Trek Life" strip at the end of it.

Or we could invite Trektoonist to post the strips here directly so Capt_Picard is free to go back to Schram's loonacies.

You all did notice who posted the last comic here right? We'll just have to wait and see when the next strip will surface, either at StarTrek.com or at David Reddick's site..It may be a little while before we see more new ones though..

Hey gang!

I'm so glad you liked the wrap up to Carl's lil' Christmas ode with a Trek twist, too. I LOVED drawing that one... all sorts of little things to see. I love drawing Christmasy stuff.

Well, no news on The Trek Life as yet, so, other than the magazine, and the possibility of more IDW comic book back-ups, the web site comics at startrek.com are on hiatus for now... but, still trying to stay positive for more in the future, even in other venues.

However, I do have a lil' Christmas surprise! I will be starting a new comic strip called "Gene's Journal" that will begin in January for none other than ... Roddenberry.com! A press release went out yesterday, and there is a promo up now. Okay, gang, ol' David needs your support and eyeballs when this thing starts (early January), okay?

And I invite you, my friends, to stay tuned to my own Web site (www.DavidReddickStudio.com) as I will be posting some more news about the new comic, and some more other fun stuff to boot.

And I will keep you aprised of The Trek Life's future too. Heck, I'll let you in on a lil' secret - I was even gonna draw Carl and Eve smooching under the mistletoe on New Year's Eve.

Anyway, without further ado, here is the link to the new promo announcing the strip at Roddenberry.com: http://www.roddenberry.com/Gene039sJournalUnlocked.81.news

Stay tuned, my friends! And come over for a visit at http://www.davidreddickstudio.com/ and stay awhile, and drop me a line there too! Heck, I even post a brand-new single-panel cartoon there I call "Reddickulous" all seven days a week.

I count you all as friends. Hope to see you at the cons in '08! My con slate is growing!

Merry Christmas to all of you!

Your pal in Trek,

David