Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Cause and Effect and In a Mirror Darkly

I was reading recently how they wanted a Constitution Class starship to crash into the Enterprise D in Cause and Effect but they couldnt do it cos it would cost them too much money to build a TOS style model. Over a decade later it costs very little to build one in cyber space for In a Mirror Darkly. Ironic that the new fantastic abilities we have are lost on a show that a third of the TNG viewers watch...

That doesn't make any sense.

I would think that it would have been cheaper to build a TOS style model given its simplicity.

I would think that it would have been cheaper to build a TOS style model given its simplicity.

342607[/snapback]

It may have been cheaper to build one, but re-using and enhancing the Reliant as the Bozeman probably cost them little or nothing.

Edited by Ace

342607[/snapback]

It's cheaper to recycle than create something new. The model used for the Bozeman was "the Reliant miniature from Star Trek II minus the roll bar and with new sensor turrets, docking port and bridge" according to the TNG Companion book.

Hey they been recycling for along time so that makes alot of sence to do and even reuse old film footage too they blew up the Bird of Prey twice LOL hey if it work it work.

Brian

Too bad they didn't do it, I also read someplace that they wanted to have Kirstie Alley as Savak play the first officer for Captain Frazier but she couldn't due to another job she was doing.

that would of been a nice tie-in But I always thought Svaak stayed on Vulcan to avoid the trial back on earth

Since Vulcan is a Federation planet and Starfleet is the Federation's military I don't think staying on Vulcan would have helped her avoid a trial. Not in the long run anyway. But it would have been pretty cool if they had been able to work out the details to get her on the show.

Too bad they didn't do it, I also read someplace that they wanted to have Kirstie Alley as Savak play the first officer for Captain Frazier but she couldn't due to another job she was doing.

349401[/snapback]

I assume you're joking, but the character's name was Captain Morgan Bateson.

It really is interesting how 13 years can change so many things. In 1992, it cost too much to build a TOS-style model and now fans can build their own digital modeal and create their own shows.

Its kind of like how Vulcan make up used to be the most expensive, now it is one of the cheapest.

349401[/snapback]

I assume you're joking, but the character's name was Captain Morgan Bateson.

It really is interesting how 13 years can change so many things. In 1992, it cost too much to build a TOS-style model and now fans can build their own digital modeal and create their own shows.

Its kind of like how Vulcan make up used to be the most expensive, now it is one of the cheapest.

349426[/snapback]

LOL Yeah I was joking, at the time I typed it I couldn't think of Kelsey Grammar's name.

I personally would have liked to see either an Excelsior or Ambassador class ship crash into the Enterprise-D.