Sign in to follow this  
master_q

News about some “Trek Stars”

From TrekToday: “News Bullets”

(http://www.trektoday.com/news/120403_02.shtml)

The E-1 convention in the United Kingdom has been cancelled due to poor ticket sales. The convention organisers have promised they will refund all purchased tickets within 28 days. Thanks to Maria for this!

Patrick Stewart's (Jean-Luc Picard) recent appearance in Dewsbury is expected to have raised "thousands of pounds" for the Gilder Hall Project, the Huddersfield Daily Examiner reported.

Patrick Stewart's new play, The Master Builder will move to Guilford in June following its run in Bath (story). The play will run from Monday, June 2, to Saturday, June 7, at the Yvonne Arnaud Theatre.

Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway) will be participating in the "Broadway Talks" series at the 92nd Street Y in New York City at 7:30 p.m. on Sunday, May 11. Tickets are $22 and can be ordered here. Thanks to Totally Kate for this!

Totally Kate also reported Kate Mulgrew will be appearing on the Caroline Rhea Show on Tuesday, April 22nd. Be sure to check your local TV listings as the show is syndicated.

The Psi Phi Star Trek Book Database has been updated with new cover art for The Lost Era and Starfleet Corps of Engineers series.

William Shatner (James T. Kirk) will be hosting a benefit for San Francisco's Coral Reef Alliance on Earth Day, which is held annually on April 22. Details are available at SFGate.com.

The promo for "Horizon" is available in Real Media format from All About Star Trek.

Former Roswell star Katherine Heigl has signed on to appear in UPN's Vegas (Please stop me from cursing) pilot presentation, according to the Futon Critic.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

News about some “Trek Stars”

Jonathan Frakes (William Riker) recently talked about directing the Thunderbirds feature film with the New Zealand Herald. "The movie has taken on an energy of its own," he said. "We always said we wanted it to move, we wanted it to be child-friendly, and John Beard's inspired production design, kicking the 60s into the future, the fearlessness of the sets, the primary colours and the casting has turned out better than we ever imagined."

John de Lancie (Q) has been tapped to host a new digital theatre show, entitled Cosmic Safari. Computer Graphics World reported the showcase, which "will take the audience to undiscovered planets in the far reaches of outer space to search for life in the universe", can be seen The Boeing CyberDome Theater at Wichita's Exploration Place.

Photos of Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway) at the NCTF's 25th Anniversary Chairman's Award Gala are now up at Totally Kate.

--TrekToday http://www.trektoday.com/news/290603_01.shtml

National Corporate Theatre Fund's

25th Anniversary Chairman's Awards Gala

--Photos at http://www.totallykate.com/ntcf503/ntcf503.html

Do you like the Thunderbirds?

Have you ever watched them?

Are you looking forward to Cosmic Safari?

. . .

Master Q

"Mulgrew: 'Trekkies Are Amazing'"

Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway) learned just how loyal Voyager fans are when they showed up for her play, Tea at Five, multiple times.

"They don't just see my play once--they see it 10 times," Mulgrew told the Palm Beach Post. "Trekkies are amazing," she declared.

Tea at Five, in which Mulgrew plays Katharine Hepburn is currently playing in West Palm Beach, Flordia, and Trek fans have followed. "I've made friends among them, who've followed me all over the world," Mulgrew said.

Mulgrew is no stranger to a rigorous working schedule. One of her earliest roles was in the soap opera Ryan's Hope. Filming a Trek show is no less demanding, as the actress originally cast as Janeway, Genevieve Bujold, found. Mulgrew noted how much work goes into producing a Trek show: "I know there's a kind of person who regards Star Trek with a jaundiced eye, but they dismiss the incredible amount of work it takes. I defy any actor to do that," she said.

Playing Hepburn in Tea at Five is something Mulgrew has thrown herself in completely. "I [wanted] to capture the complexities of this maverick, self-directed Yankee who, at the same time, sat at the feet of a married man for 27 years, a man who never told her he loved her," Mulgrew said. "There was much expected of her, and [because of her choices] she could afford to become a huge star. It was all about her. She said it herself."

Mulgrew acknowledges there are certain similarities between her experience and Hepburn's, especially in childhood. Both suffered painful personal losses early in life. "The most startling [similarities] are the parallels in our private lives," Mulgrew said. "They're very stunning.... She felt the repercussions of her brother's death early in her life, and I had two sisters die when I was young. That absolutely does shape us. I'd say you make up your mind, when your heart's broken like that, what you're going to do with your life." She added, "I would say [Hepburn and I] grew up very fast. We had to."

For more from Mulgrew on Ryan's Hope and performing in Palm Beach, visit the Palm Beach Postonline.

--TrekToday http://www.trektoday.com/news/221203_01.shtml

http://www.startrekfans.net/index.php?show...&hl=tea+at+five

http://www.startrekfans.net/index.php?show...&hl=tea+at+five

--------------

Click for Spoiler:

"They don't just see my play once--they see it 10 times," Mulgrew told the Palm Beach Post. "Trekkies are amazing," she declared.

I'm not sure if I find that amazing. (I kind of find that scary)

<_<

Master Q