Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Commander Rand in Star Trek IV

I watched my Trek IV DVD tonight for probably the tenth time. I usually don't watch the closing credits. I did this time. It lists Grace Lee Whitney as Commander Rand..! I wasn't aware that she was in this movie. I've been trying to figure out where she is. Is she maybe one of the background people at Starfleet Command. I'll have to look for her the next time I watch it.Anybody have any idea where she is? I've always wished that they did more with her character on Star Trek..I like her a lot.. :) I do know that she has a part Star Trek VI. At one time I thought I heard a rumor that they were thinking about a new Star Trek show aboard the Excelsier..With Captain Sulu and Commander Rand..That would be neat...

At one time I thought I heard a rumor that they were thinking about a new Star Trek show aboard the Excelsier..With Captain Sulu and Commander Rand..That would be neat...

There is an episode of Voyager called "Flashback" in which Tuvok recalls his days of serving aboard the Excelsior under Captain Sulu and Commander Rand. It was a good episode, revealing Tuvok's past and how he's changed a lot since then. And, of course, it was great seeing Sulu and Rand.

I have heard about the episode 'Flashback'..But I have yet to see it..I will some day..Grace talks about that episode in her book; "The Longest Trek, My Tour of the Galaxy"...

Janice Rand timeline

Star Trek - Serves on the Enterprise as Captain Kirk's yoeman.

Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Enterprise transporter chief.

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - Seen working at Starfleet Command durring the "probe" attack.

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country - Seen working on the bridge of the Excelsior.

Star Trek: Voyager "Flashback" - We see her as she was in the 6th movie, but also learn that she was the Excelsior's 1st officer, I believe.

Janice Rand timeline

Star Trek - Serves on the Enterprise as Captain Kirk's yoeman.

Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Enterprise transporter chief.

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - Seen working at Starfleet Command durring the "probe" attack.

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country - Seen working on the bridge of the Excelsior.

Star Trek: Voyager "Flashback" - We see her as she was in the 6th movie, but also learn that she was the Excelsior's 1st officer, I believe.

Thanks..She is at Starfleet Command during Star Trek IV isn't she? Thought she might be..I'll have to look for her. :lol:

She's also in Star Trek 3: The Search for Spock. She is standing looking out a big window in Space Dock as the battered and bruised Enterprise rolls in. She has a big grin on her face and long brown curly hair.

I never believed her to be in The Voyage Home. Are you, perhaps, thinking of Commader Chapel who is seen in Star Fleet Command babbling about emergency power for the medical supplies?

I have yet to see her in Star Trek IV..However I did see her name in the closing credits..That's why I was asking.She must be there somewhere.. :lol: