Sign in to follow this  
Validus

Any fans of the show LEXX?

As you all know I'm a huge science fiction fan, not just of Star Trek but of other shows as well. Outside of Star Trek (and Babylon-5) I'd say my favorite is LEXX, which is hard to locate except late at night on the Sci-Fi channel.

The first four LEXX films are only currently avalable in Canada but are still Region-1 and can be found here at www.Videoflicks.com.

Those interested in discussion groups should go to www.Lexxfans.com where you can find me (I use the same screen name there as I do here). Hope to see some of you there!

Edited by Validus

I loved Lexx.....

Xenia Seeberg... :lol:

They should have cast her as T'pol.....I might've watched Enterprise more often.

Still hoping to buy the Whole Lexx Series including the Mini-Series on DVD.

("Big Planet Destroying Bug Ship named Lexx") was a great 4 years of T.V

Had a Different Crew compared to the "Trek Universe" or on "Red Dwarf"

P.S the opening theme song and closing song was also quite catchy but more so with the Brunnen G Song Year 3-4

:lol: :wow: B) B)

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

I watch it from time to time, not for much more than the female character, as the stories are a little 'out there'.

I watch it from time to time, not for much more than the female character, as the stories are a little 'out there'.

340069[/snapback]

Well- I think the main appeal of LEXX was that it was "out there" beyond what one might expect from things like Star Trek (No Federation, No "Prime Directive"). I also liked the idea of the LEXX itself, the "most powerful weapon of destruction in the two Universes".

I think there are certain elements that LEXX shares with the likes of Douglas Adams and even Heavy Metal magazine, the emphasis on satire and sex for example...things which can actually be found in the original Star Trek.

:msn-wink:

I also really liked Stanly Tweedle, who is essentially a kind of "Anti-Kirk". He pretty much never gets the girl, and is certainly more flawed then Kirk or any other Star Fleet Captain...which I think is what makes him interesting.

I LOVE Lexx! :wow: I have all four movies and the entire series. :lol: Kai is my favorite character, and I use a pic of him, and the Song of The Brunnen - G for MySpace.

My URL:

http://www.myspace.com/tiamatthedragon (my profile)

My Blog

http://blog.myspace.com/tiamatthedragon

If you have Firefox (as I do), you'll only hear the music with my blog. I'll have to check out that message board!

A good place to find them at a good price is at Half.com. I've often bought DVD's, CD's and books from them at very good prices and I've never had a problem (like scratches or anything). The first four LEXX films are still only avalable in Canada at the link I already posted at the top of the thread, but are (in my opinion) well worth it.

Well, I'm of the opinion that LEXX is one of the best science fiction shows ever made.

The Premise: In the Light Universe (the Universe parallel to our own) there was a man named Stanly Tweddle who was a 4th class security guard on The Cluster, the capital world of the League of 20,000 Planets. The League was ruled by a being known as The Divine Shadow, and he had just recently built the most powerful weapon of destruction in the two Universes: The LEXX.

Stan is unjustly setenced to death, and decides (with the help of a beautiful love-slave named Zev) to steal the LEXX, which he does. The show itself chronicles the various adventures of Stan, Zev (later Xev) and Kai, an undead former Divine Assassin as they search the Cosmos for a home.

The show itself is laced with much humor and is sometimes compared to Red Dwarf or the books of Douglas Adams. I would argue that LEXX, while often having humor, is ultimately much darker then either Red Dwarf or The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy. That it was inspired by Star Trek is fairly obvious, but the tone of the show is totally different.

I highly recommend you purchasing LEXX 1.0: "I Worship His Shadow" avalable from Videoflicks.com, the link can be found at the top of the thread. Currently they have it for a mere $13.00... :flowers:

Edited by Validus

Lexx Episode Guide!

--------------------------

Season 1 (Mini-series) (1997-1998)

I Worship His Shadow

Super Nova

Eating Pattern

Giga Shadow

Season 2 (T.V Series) (1999-2000)

Nook

Luvliner

Love Grows

Wake The Dead

White Trash

Mantrid

Terminal

Lyekka

Lafftrak

Twilight

Stan's Trial

Norb

Patches In The Sky

Woz

The Net

Brigadoom ("A Musical Episode")

Brizon

End Of The Universe

Season 3 (T.V Series) (1999-2000)

Fire And Water

May

Gametown

Boomtown

Gondola

K-Town

Tunnels

The Key

Garden

Battle

Girltown

The Beach

Heaven And Hell

Season 4 (T.V Series) (2000-2001)

Little Blue Planet

Texx Lexx

P4X

Stan Down

Xevivor

The Rock

Walpurgis Night

Vlad

Fluff Daddy

Magic Baby

A Midsummer's Nightmare

The Bad Carrot

Prime Ridge

Mort

Moss

Dutch Treat

The Game

Haley's Comet

Apocalexx Now

Viva Lexx Vegas

Lyekka Vs Japan

Yo Way Yo

-------------------------

:flowers: :lol: :dude::dude:

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

Wow its been a while since ive seen this, Its not on as much as it used to (Not even sure if it still is on) MIght have to but these.

They showed a marathon of “Tales from a Parallel Universe” every once-in-awhile back in the murky past on SciFi Channel.

I think I've seen nearly every episode and every film. :cheers:

'Twas a good show that I've watched since SciFi premiered it, although I can hardly find any reruns being aired on the channel anymore. :tear: