Sign in to follow this  
APW

fanfic....which actors would you cast?

Maybe only I do this....but when I first started writing my newest fanfic series (set in DS9's-era) about the crew of a research vessel,I wrote down the names of the actors I would cast for each main character.I found it helped with the writing,being able to visualize a particular actor/actress playing out the scenes in my head.

I cast Catherine Zeta Jones as captain (mostly because she's gorgeous,but also smart)....Matthew Schulze for tactical officer (he played "Chupa" on Blade 2)....Nancy Travis as ship's counselor....Brendan Frasier as exec'....Cuba Gooding Jr as the Vulcan ops officer....Selma Blair as the Bajoran conn officer (playing a sort of smart-mouth Tom Paris-type)....Ving Rhames as the senior engineer/Master Chief (enlisted) and the captain's primary romantic interest....etc.

I have other people pictured as various minor characters...

When possible I avoid using people who have actually acted on Star Trek.

Has anyone else visualized their fanfic stories this way,or is it just me?

:)

That was a new way of imagine Star Trek characters! I have never thought of writing stories with possible known actors as main characters. Very interesting!

My stories are mostly inhabited with people I've met or encountered in some way plus some known Trek characters.