Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Tales From The Crypt- The First Season

Finally, the seasons of Tales From The Crypt are finally on DVD. It's what every fan has been waiting for, the only disappointment I have is that there are only six episodes in this season. They should have combined seasons one and two together like Ren and Stimpy among others have done. The first three "The Man Who Was Death", "And all through the House" and "Dig that Cat he's Real Gone" come on the Scifi Channel all of the time which leaves really only three episode that I haven't seen a thousand times.

Overall, I still recommend getting these, especially if you are a fan of this series, and I am big time. I also plan to get this, these are great episodes. But being a fan, it leaves me wishing there was more, especially since we've been waiting forever for the seasons to finally come out on DVD. At least we get the uncensored version and a few extras. That alone will make it worth the buy. I just hope Season 2 comes out sometime this year, to quench my thirst for this great series, because six episodes is just a glass half full, I want more! I wonder if they will ever release the "Tales from the Cryptkeeper" cartoon series; that was good too. Anyway, it comes out July 12 on DVD.

o Available subtitles: English, Spanish, French

o Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround)

o Six episodes on two discs: The Man Who Was Death, And All Through the House, Dig That Cat... He's Real Gone, Only Sin Deep, Lover Come Hack to Me, Collection Completed

o All-new introductio by the Crypt Keeper

o Tales from the Crypt: From Comic Books to Television

o Crypt Keeper's History of Season 1

o Number of discs: 2

Here are the episodes are about:

"The Man Who Was Death" is directed by Walter Hill and is about an Executioner who finds himself out of work when the death penalty is abolished and how he decides to keep his work going.

"And all through the House" is directed by Robert Zemeckis is a horrific Christmas episode which finds Larry Drake playing a homicidal Santa stalking a woman who just killed her husband.

"Dig that Cat he's Real Gone" was directed by Richard Donner. It stars Joe Pantoliano as a bum who becomes the featured star of a sideshow when a mad doctor ala Boris Karloff, gives him a cat gland which allows him to die and come back to life.

"Only Sin Deep" Directed by Howard Deutch. In one of those classic ironic twist stories of EC comics, a prostitute sells her beauty to a pawn shop but then finds herself getting older and uglier vary rapidly.

"Lover come Back to Me" Directed by Tom Holland. A man marries a woman (Amanda Plummer) for her money but soon finds himself in for more than he bargained for with her family.

"Collection Complete" directed by Mary Lambert. A retired salesman is fed up with living with his wife's house full of pets and takes up taxidermy to deal with the animals.

I love Tales From The Crypt.

I have both feature films (Demon Knight & Bordello of Blood.....Dennis Miller is great,so is Corey Feldman)...

I'll need to check out Suncoast for the season sets.