Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Malcolm Reed

What Do You Think About This Character?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What Do You Think About This Character?

• I like him
    • I tolerate him
    • I hate him
    • other

malcolmreed1.jpg

So what are your thoughts about Mr. Reed? I really do like him. He has become my third favorite character after Archer and Trip. He is a very caring person that likes to mainly keep to himself and at times is really funny i.e. his T'Pol dreams on the episode "Shuttlepod One". He's now a favorite of mine.

I like him. He is great in Shuttlepod One and even though he doesn't get a lot of screen time, he still has some great moments.

Yeah, I like the character of Malcolm Reed on Enterprise. I especially liked that they were exploring the relationship betweeen Malcom and Trip in some episodes. Too bad they couldn't have expanded on that some..I've enjoyed the Malcolm Reed character anyway in every little scene he has been given..'Minefield' comes to mind as an especially memorable Malcolm episode for me..

I enjoyed his evolution as a character. I believe he was stand-offish at first, and that Archer perceived this, and so with Hoshi planned that birthday party which was the beginning of bringing him into more involved relationship with his crewmates.

Click For Spoiler

He and Hoshi grew the the most ( developed for the better ) during the four years on Enterprise.

Edited by mj

Somewhere between like and tolerate. I don't really know how to explain why, but he just didn't grow on me as a character. :rolleyes:

I know you guys didn't really do it on purpose, but becareful not to spoil, I haven't seen the entire series of Enterprise, because I don't have UPN. The only way I can see ENT is with the seasons finally coming out on DVD, and I'm only half way through season one.

Click For Spoiler
In other words, I didn't know he had any connection to Section 31.
Don't worry though, I'm not sad or disappointed that I found that out just now :rolleyes: Edited by mj

I know you guys didn't really do it on purpose, but becareful not to spoil, I haven't seen the entire series of Enterprise, because I don't have UPN. The only way I can see ENT is with the seasons finally coming out on DVD, and I'm only half way through season one.
Click For Spoiler
Don't worry though, I'm not sad or disappointed that I found that out just now :rolleyes:

337432[/snapback]

Sorry about that! I'll go back and put my comments in a spoiler, so that others who have not yet seen those episodes will not be get the info prior to seeing the episode.

Totally hate him- even worse than Wesley! When the NX-01 was sent to the Delphic Expanse, and the MACOs were assigned it would have been far better to place all security issues into the capable hands of an experienced officer like Major Hayes. Reed was a character that had potential (e.g. the episode "Minefield")however, as the show progressed it became quite apparent that his character was unnecessary to the show.

I did enjoy the fight between he and Hayes, but Reed still remained for me a character that was an underqualified and snivelling junior officer best left to his fascinations regarding T'Pol.