Sign in to follow this  
trek_dude

Sonic Mega Collection Plus

I got Sonic Mega Collection Plus for the PS2 today and what a lovely disc of nostalgia it is :rolleyes:

I remember playing the sonic games on the Mega Drive when I was growing up and this makes this Collection of old sonic games so wonderful, a chance to play games I played in my childhood.

I have never played any of the Game Gear sonic games before so I thought they were a nice addition.

Hmm..I Got Gamecube Version. It Doesn't Include The Game Gear Games. Also, I Didn't Know It Was On PS2! :rolleyes:

And Is The Mega Drive The Same As The Genesis?

Edited by Sam The Smuggler

Yes same as Genesis, I love this disc too, did anybody get the codes how to unlck the hidden games, if not PM me i'll help out

also we should have a poll of which sonic is your favorite

the only thing I was disappointed about is that the Sonic mega Collection didnt hav the Sonic CD game on it

For PS2

Unlock Comic Zone and The Ooze

Make sure you have a save of Sonic Heroes on your memory card (Any save. You dont have to beat the game). After that, play SMC+ and go to the games section. After that, the game will tell you that they are now playable.

Unlockable How to Unlock

Comic Zone Get a save of Sonic Heroes. play SMC+, go to games, Game is now unlocked.

The Ooze Get a save of Sonic Heroes. play SMC+, go to games, Game is now unlocked.

Contributed By: Tekkaman Gamma51

Unlock Hints

To unlock the "Hints" text for each game, keep it open for three hours. You don't have to play the game, just let it run. After three hours, exit out, and when you reenter the game, or check the Hints menu in the Options area, that game's hints will be available.

Contributed By: Kulock

Unlockables

Playing a game counts as seeing the sega screen and then pressing R1+quit after going to the specific game.

Unlockable How to Unlock

Blue Sphere Play Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic 3d Blast 20 times each.

comix zone exit all sega games 50 times

Flicky Play Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine 30 times.

Knuckles in Sonic 2 Play Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Sonic Spinball 20 times each.

Ristar Play Blue Sphere, Knuckles in Sonic 2, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, and Flicky 20 times each.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles Play Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles 20 times each.

The Ooze Unlock Knuckles in Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Blue Spheres, and Flicky

Ah,good old Sonic....one of my all-time favorite videogame franchises.I had an old Sega Genesis back in college and I must have spent 5-hours a day playing Sonic The Hedgehog...don't know how I got any work done. :rolleyes:

I May Get My Gamecube Out And Play This Some Time Today,lol

BTW, Does Anyone Else Get The Feeling That Sonic 3 And Sonic & Knuckles Togthger Were Meant To Be Sonic 3, But Then Were Split Up For Whatever Reason? Mayeb To Create The Lockon Thing, But So We Wouldn't Have To Wait Until The End Of The Year For A New Sonic, They Just Released Half The Game As Sonic 3?

Well, I Wasn't Gonna State The Obvious :blink:

But I Do Think They Were Originaly Intended To Be One Game. There's Even 3 Unplayable Sonic & Knuckles Levels On The Sonic 3 Level Select Screen.

WOOO Love 4 Sonic <3 !! I loved those games.. still do. lmao! *even has a special Sonic mega drive box* :cheers:

Hey for anybody thats intrested I've got a link for ya. I hope you'd be intrested in joining.. everybodys starting to give up!

http://tcms0nic.proboards19.com/index.cgi

http://www.geocities.com/sonicblue001/

:tear:

Edited by Blue

Awww *loves Tails* I remember when I was about five my friends used to call him Two Tails, And I would just be so angry at them! haha xD

Personally I cannot Stand Amy Rose!

I loved Tails.

I thought it was a terrific addition to Sonic The Hedgehog 2.

I called him Two-Tails as well.

According to Wikipedia:

Yasushi Yamaguchi designed Tails for an internal competition for the sidekick. His entry won, but his character's name was changed from "Miles" to "Tails". Yamaguchi ended up with a compromise. He sneaked the name "Miles" in as his legal name [Miles Prower]. "Tails" would be his nickname.

I liked the character Knuckles too. Weirdly they call the villain "Eggman" now.

When I played Sonic in the early 90's he was called "Dr Robotnik" which is what I still refer to the character as.

Edited by HRH The KING

Yeah I call him Robotnik to. I have never really caught on the the whole.. calling him eggman. Lol and on the beginning credits or somthing of Sonic 2 it has 'Miles "Tails" Prower' :cheers:

Knuckles is by far the best character ever! <3

Though yet again my friends thought he was girl.. They have issues.

Tails annoyed me in the Bonus Round in sonic 2 when you are going after the Chaos Emralds, he would jump too late get hit by the Spikes and make you loose your rings

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes that was annoying.

I hated losing about 200 rings and having to collect a few more to save my life.

LOL!!! :tear:

Although my PS2 is cool, I still don't think it beats the fun I had playing on my old Sega Mega Drive (Genesis).

Sonic The Hedgehog 2.

Street Fighter 2.

Streets Of Rage 2.

Ecco The Dolphin.

Awesome!! :cheers:

If you like the Feel of the Old Genesis, (Mega drive) Sorry Guys Genesis was a better name, check these out

if you like the Feel of the Old Controler but you Sega's not Working get this

SEGA GENESIS PLUG N/AND PLAY TV

It has

* Sonic The Hedgehog

* Golden Axe

* ALtered Beast

* Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine

* Kid Chameleon

* FLicky

sonic01.jpg

amd there is A SEGA GENESIS PLUG N/AND PLAY TV 2 its a Red controller Im not sure all the games but it has Sonic 2 And Ecco The Dolphin

I wish they'd make an Ecco The Dolphin game for the PS2.

I could never manage to complete the Mega Drive version or even get close.

I only found out what happened at the end after reading it on Wikipedia.

THIRTEEN YEARS after first playing the game!!!! :) :)

Oh wow! Ive never seen one of those before.. Lol Lucky for me I have three Mega drives all lined up next to my Tv! Pmsl!

i have that blue plug and play and i love it. i'm already on my second set of batteries. would love to get my hand on the red one.

tm :biggrin: