Sign in to follow this  
cassidy

i passed my Ls!

How awesome is that! I now have my learner's permit and have gone driving a few times with dad. Do all drivers always feel like they're going to smash into parked cars when they're parked on both sides of the road? I have to drive at a snail's pace to avoid them :lol:

Congratulations cassidy, welcome to the road.

I remember first feeling what you are about cars parked on the side of the road; that diminishes as you become familiar with and confident of knowing the width dimensions of the vehicle you drive.

One thing that always remains is the fear someone sitting in one of those parked cars will suddenly open a door right into your path, keep hugging the center line to reduce the chance of that becoming a mess.

Oh and another thing, the possibility of kid(s) darting out between parked cars is a good thing to always remain conscience of.

Oops, :lol: sorry if I rambled..

Congratulations on getting your permit. One other thing to remember is that when you are driving, you hold your beer can in your right hand so it is more likely to go unnoticed......... :lol: ...........just joking of course..

Congrats!

I understand what you mean about the parked cars. When you first start driving, things seem a whole lot narrower for some reason. One of the first times I drove was on a really narrow road, and I could swear I was just about to fall off the side of it. ...So I hugged the inner line and drove about 30 miles per hour :lol: .

Don't worry; it'll pass with experience.

Now I'm jelous :lol: :hug:

Congratulations! The crashing feeling is probably a "oh-my-gosh-i'm-a-newbie" nervous feeling... You'll get over it. You'll be able to go everywhere with your mates and not use your parents like a taxi service like me anymore :hug: