Which One Is Your Favorite?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which One Is Your Favorite?

• Hot Shots
    • Hot Shots Part Deux
    • Neither
    • Never Saw Them
    • Like Both Equally

I've been a fan of Part Deux for a long time, but I've never seen the first one until yesterday when I bought both movies on DVD. This “Top Gun” spoof gets mixed emotions for me. Charlie Sheen, Cary Elwes and Lloyd Bridges are definitely the high points of the film, they are hilarious! So is this film, but towards the end during the last battle scene it gets dull. This is supposed to be a comedy, but they leave that for an almost serious battle sequence with just little gags thrown in every now and then. When you are laughing hard most of the time, you notice when the film drags. My personal favorite part is the wall eye vision. Overall, I really did enjoy this movie; it just started to drag a little towards the end, but picks up again right at the end.

I'm gonna watch Part Deux again today, but for the first time on DVD.

I loved the scene where Charlie Sheen is shooting an AK-47 for ages killing bad guys and when he looks down, he's buried up his waist in spent bullet casings.

B) :unsure: :P

Cary Elwes has always been a very underrated actor. I like him.

I too like Cary Elwes. I thought it was real funny on the first movie when they were all waiting for a meeting to begin and some one says "At ease" and everyone takes different poses. And Cary is in the top right corner doing a heroic pose with sun glasses and with a scarf flapping in the wind. :P :unsure:

Hot Shots & Part Deux are to me the funniest movies ever made next to "Airplane!". I can't think of a single joke from either of them and not crack a smile or burst out laughing. :unsure:

It's hard to say which was better, they're both funny with the same sense of humour but different at the same time. It's been a while since I've seen the first one so I can't remember it as well so I'll vote for 'Hot Shots: Part Deux'.

I had to say I liked hot shots the best but maybe it is only because it was the first. I love all these kind of movies like airplane and top secret. I would love to get all of them on DVD. I got top secret on DVD a little while ago and the directors comentary is just great.