Sign in to follow this  
Yillara Skye

Bootids meteor shower

About 2 or 3 years ago the earth was going through a meteor shower and you had to be in the southern hemisphere to get the best view. I got up at 2-30 and took a chair outside to watch. And I wasn't disappointed, it was a marvelous light show. When it was over I was too excited to go back to bed and sleep. :)

I just saw one (9:33 pm), it started directly overhead, was greenish yellow and traveled due west almost to the horizon, Killer!

I just saw one (9:33 pm), it started directly overhead, was greenish yellow and traveled due west almost to the horizon, Killer!

Cool!

Now my reaction... :) Arrrggh! RAIN!! and tons of it! the storm system that is passing through is being strengthened by a system that may become a tropical Depression(if it has not already)... Damn, I wanted to catch it!!

Oh, sorry. :lol: Perhaps tonight it will clear up for you.

Dont get upset Alterego... I am thrilled that people are seeing good ones, I mean this shower has not been very active. And you got to see a good meteor!

As for clearing up....if you check out the link on the Hurricane season thread that I started. us in the south east will be under clouds for a few days..TS Bill. Oh, well.. I will get to catch other showers. And of course, I saw over 200 in one hour the night of the last Lyrid Storm(including several fireballs).

B) I'M UNDER THE SAME RAIN CLOUDS. IF THIS KEEPS UP WE MIGHT HAVE TO HEAD FOR HIGHER GROUND. :lol:  :P

Yeah, I know... areas of Louisiana are supposed to see over a foot of rain! And we(in North Florida) have seen patches of squalls yesterday and today(well the sun came out for a little while...yay! Got to go into the pool for a while to soak my arm!!! But then boom! squall lines are coming again...)